- Please HeLp -

preciousthots

Jun 13, 2005
petaling jaya
- Please HeLp - 100k budget - what car?

Hi there....
I would like to ask you forummers...
what car would you guys buy for a budget of 100k....
but thats not the only question im asking....
what can be modded into it with a budget of 10k ?
As Im no longer allowed to buy a toyota celica due to the recon condition
My family would only allow me to buy a brand new car...
But i do not know which car is good to buy and mod ...
A friend of mine told me buying a vios at 85k, spending 7k on ICE system and the other 3k to turbo or supercharge it.. giving some extra HP and giving the psst sound...
But another option would be buying a city at 82k, spending it all on performance.
Mind to help out? Share your views...
Which car to buy... what to mod.. and so on so fourth.. thank u so much
( remember must be brand new )
:)

Last edited:

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
haha.. ur fren quite funny, since u got a large sum of budget. money is no more a problem for u lorr.. if u wanna modi ur car in future,y go for new? its a waste indeed. usually use recon car or 2nd car to modi. but it all oso depends,me defi not agree wit modi a new car engine. unless u acci n nid a brand new engine la..tat differ

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
100k? brand new car? modify straight away?

didn't read your previous thread, but I got some ideas.

Buy satria 1.3, then straight away dump in one of those engine(MIVEC la, VR4 la GSR la), upgrade brakes, trans, structure, etc etc and maybe even 4WD. Then probably still have money for ICE and mamak.muahahaha.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
oh and you can sell all those bits you took off at a good price also. more money for you to burn.muahahahaha

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
i wish i had your parents as mine :D RM100K for a car? Is that paying all by cash?
If u are looking at 2drs. U may consider the Satria R3 @ RM77,888 with nice stuffs. Spend another RM10K for ICE and u are ready to go. Balance money can keep for sumthing else. If u are a die hard import.... u may decide to get toyota Vios.

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
if i were you... i will get a satria 1.3... do an engine conversion... get a those big big brake system on all four corners... safety first ma... interior n exterior refurbishment... ICE... then get a nice paint job...

preciousthots

Jun 13, 2005
petaling jaya
forgotten to note you guys...
family is against proton...
Lol
that is why my options are limited
but I dont want to do a engine transplant so fast
since is a brand new car with a brand new engine
super or turbocharging it will it be a good idea?
adding additional hp? if so please note it to me...
please give more comments as i really want to order a car before the end of this month. thank u

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
so must it be a car? could go for a pick-up.muahahahaha

Nissan Frontier is currently the best looking one out there, at least to me le. I think 77k for the top one with fancy rims and extras, but go for the cheaper one. mods can use the turbo and intercooler from Nissan lorry. muahahaha. oh and an upgrade to the ECU is important alos. Stay away from people that tell you to upgrade your ignition coil....

but top speed still limited to about 190km/h, and you won't have a boot to drop the boombox. Unless you throw away the back seats.muahahaha

oh one thing though. I know this because I was asking around back in Sandakan, Sabah. So I dunno where to get the mods done in west malaysia. And the roadtax might put you off. it's about 2200 in w.m'sia, but only 700 in e.m'sia. so everything might be just a bit over budget.

Last edited:

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
100k... get an altis or vios??? bolt on a superchager??? but dunno how much la... price tag last known for vios is like something like 75k... dunno now la... altis mayb 90k???

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
just recheck the price for the Frontier.

Basic one is 83k now, while the fancy one is 87k :( both with solid paint.

oh and the road tax is more than 2200 :(

but with a budget of 100k, and intended mod of 10k for performance and 7k for ICE, I think it's just ngam ngam.

preciousthots

Jun 13, 2005
petaling jaya
frontier is too much of a family car ....
but thanks for your comments modmaestro
my final options came as the following
toyota vios 85k
honda jazz 98k
which one should i get? can they both supercharge and turbocharge?
is there any sample or pictures for this 2 cars with different bodykits?
how about putting ICE on it?
i dont want to change engine as the car is new... but do let me know what i can do to give it more hp....
and please state around how much for all the things...
really need to make a decision by the end of this month..
Thank u !

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
hey precious,

check the threads under forcd induction. couple of charged vios in there. not sure about the city though.

ICE? depends on what type os set-up you looking for. could go for a head unit powering the front and back co-axals while using an active bassbox at the back. the set-up should be for than 5k. But dunno for sure. Go ask around for Brother Peter's(forgot the exact address already) or KK Lau at www.kklau.com.my. Me not too sure for the pricing, coz me going for something SQ+, budgeting about 50k. but hopefully not that much. fingers crossed

ruhaz

Known Member
May 1, 2004
aiya
ask them another 50k or 100k la
told them 100k not much la...
can get jazz only..wat for
hehehe

buy evo's , wrx or skyline....hehe
or the new Golf Gti turboed...phewww
Fifth Gear car of the Year 2004 lorrr

Last edited:

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
already mention...

hey ruhaz,

precious here cannot go for 2nd hand or recon la. evo 7 already 280k, and that's gey import.
wrx is 220k, STi is about 260k.
R35 not out yet. got the Impul sedan one le. But still 300+