please help. satria neo (evo engine)

drew13

Jun 16, 2012
uk
i want to fit a evo motor to my neo either a 1.8t or a 2.0t i can find any info on the swap and ive been looking for weeks,

i really want the 2.0 in but want i want to know is what gearbox is used? also are the mounts the same? im guessing not but want to make sure.
the lad who is doing my car has a twin engine c2 , awd with over 500whp so he knows what he is doing but i want to get everything before we start.

or is the 1.8t an easier job?

hope someone can help as i want to get this started asap

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
the 2.0 will need to be from EVO4 n above...BUT...it will be illegal. JPJ will not approve 2.0 transplants into a proton (except for perdana)

if u want it to be legal then then the GSR from CK chassis.

note... both engines has 2 diff generations... ull need the one with the timing belt on the drivers side. (same goes with the 4G92 MIVEC)

if not mistaken they should be direct plug n play so no issues.

drew13

Jun 16, 2012
uk
So the gear box from my neo will fit in the evo engine? Mounting the same for the engine?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
not sure about neo gearbox used with evo engine...dunno can fit or not....u use back the gearbox from the halfcut la...ur gonna need to buy the halfcut anyway for the wiring, ecu etc etc

but me thinks...even if possible....that the ratios of the neo gearbox will be too short for the high displacement turbo engine... u should get longer gearings so that u could pull the boost longer... otherwise all ull be doing is shifting gears. n the gearbox which suits the engine u intend on fitting in is the gearbox in the halfcut itself.

if NA...then yeah...ull benefit from short ratios...

drew13

Jun 16, 2012
uk
Do you know if the evo box will fit in the bay?

Hasn't anyone done a guide?

prince jr

Known Member
Sep 29, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
evo engine=can't get jpj endorsement=illegal
gsr 1.8 engine=legal n can b endorsed
both also will need u to get 1 extra mounting that not come on neo
if u go to workshop,they knew it
avoid buying 'engine kosong' since u'll need all the parts together,the engine itself,wiring,gearbox etc
neo gearbox will just give u more problems if u fit into evo engine or even gsr,the ratio just not the best for turbo,even campro will work better with mivec gearbox
btw,how much your budget?

Last edited:

drew13

Jun 16, 2012
uk
evo engine=can't get jpj endorsement=illegal
gsr 1.8 engine=legal n can b endorsed
both also will need u to get 1 extra mounting that not come on neo
if u go to workshop,they knew it
avoid buying 'engine kosong' since u'll need all the parts together,the engine itself,wiring,gearbox etc
neo gearbox will just give u more problems if u fit into evo engine or even gsr,the ratio just not the best for turbo,even campro will work better with mivec gearbox
btw,how much your budget?
I live in the UK. 2.0 not a problem.

I've not got a budget mate.... I will spend what it takes

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I live in the UK. 2.0 not a problem.

I've not got a budget mate.... I will spend what it takes
i dont have much experience on this swap..only 2 time swap evo 4 and 5 into neo and using 2 wheel G.box.. my be can help u for some info...just PM me..:rock:

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Since you have unlimited budget, why not just buy a real Evo in the first place and start from there? The price there should be cheaper than here right?

drew13

Jun 16, 2012
uk
Drew13, since you're staying in the UK, why did you get the satria neo?
Because i like the way they look

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Since you have unlimited budget, why not just buy a real Evo in the first place and start from there? The price there should be cheaper than here right?
Don't want an evo ... Every body as them

croydon

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Langkawi
buy evo4 -9 halfcut (evo 1-3 diff mounting, need to do some mod if wanna use), use evo gearbox and lock 2wd

evo got many potential to mod than 4G93T 1.8

Satria Neo evo 4 can be done, but mostly ppl change to GSR 4G93T 1.8T due to local authority wont allow 2.0L engine on Satria

Satria Neo evo 4

Satria Neo 4G93T 1.8

I am in UK too, mate. Wouldn't such a change be quite a nightmare on your insurance since it would no longer qualify as stock? Or do you have a way around it?

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah..:congrats:croyrdon....Drew13..if u done much care about legal or illegal go for evo...honestly...but you may have somebody can help you for some fabricate work,welding job,have Mig weld also enough...for the cross member don't worry,can make its,and follow back oem setup mounting...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i don't know about satria neo subframe bolting point...

but u can try to use back almost every part that comes with your halfcut into the satria neo.....because some would amazingly plug n play.....

even in the worst case scenario u'd probably need to fabricate/modified evo4 cross member bar to make it fit on satria neo subframe...thats all.....

regarding uk transplant garage u should have quite a lot of that to do it for u? (after all money was plenty for u to spend on this project rite?)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

On the last Friday night, my friend park his car under the midvalley
parking and within a hour later he found that his car tires & rims was
been stolen.
Beside that he noted and informed that the car park which not installed the
cctv in the area.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience