Petrol splash back when refilling, Proton Saga 1st gen

RigerZ

Nov 19, 2012
Subang
So when I pumped petrol just now, I left the nozzle to pump automatically. When it stopped quite a lot of petrol splashed out from the filler hole.

1) I went to a petrol station which I dont normally go to; this is the first time happening. Petrol pumping too fast?

2) I noticed when looking down the filler hole there is a passage at the side where petrol will flow out and go back down the tank. What is this for?

3) I was refilling from 2/5 level. Some forums suggested an air pocket was forcing its way out?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So when I pumped petrol just now, I left the nozzle to pump automatically. When it stopped quite a lot of petrol splashed out from the filler hole.

1) I went to a petrol station which I dont normally go to; this is the first time happening. Petrol pumping too fast?

2) I noticed when looking down the filler hole there is a passage at the side where petrol will flow out and go back down the tank. What is this for?

3) I was refilling from 2/5 level. Some forums suggested an air pocket was forcing its way out?
1) Flow was fast and the cut off was slow, probably due to the pump adjustment. However when pumping petrol best not to leave it unattended. You will never know when the pump can fail. I had at one time the pump did not cut so petrol was still flowing but luckily I was holding it

2) As far as i know the side passage is for air flow out when petrol goes in the main passage. When really full you can see even the petrol comes out from there but goes down the main passage again.

3) whether empty, 2/5 or near full no difference...

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Is it from a shell station? mine only happen on shell stations pumps.

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
Faced the same issue a few times before. Shell stations as well. The cut off was definitely a little delayed, and as you remove the nozzle, quite a bit of petrol tends to spill out. Found this to only happen when filling 'full', If just stick to the RM50 per fill and gauge more accurately it never happens.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all!!

This is my first time doing dyno for my car, and the luckiest part is that, i'm the 2nd person to dyno from the first ever dyno services available in northern malaysia, Penang!!

however, a bit disappointed that my car runs at very low HP which is only at 195.9 HP at 5500 rpm, and 195.8 HP at 6000 rpm, my peak torque is at 274.3 at 4500 rpm, the torque curse rises up fast from 3000rpm to 3500rpm that's when my turbo is spooling up....

My mod done so far:

Standard GSR TD04...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience