Performing a full servicing....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
Earlier this week, I have done a full service on my Airtrek.. here is what I've done.

1) Engine oil flush and replace
2) Brake oil flush and replace
3) Power steering oil replace
4) Coolen replace
5) ATF (auto transmission fluid) replace
6) Front and rear LSD oil replace
7) Air filter wash

I did not change the plugs because I did it 7K again. So I assume the iridium plugs are still in great shape.

Car felt a lot smoother and gear change is seamless. Difference can be felt... I think it's neccesary we do so...

Below is the cheap mineral oil I use for flushing. I drained the old lube out and pour in fresh new lube. Let it run for 20 mins and here is the result. I got a shock how dirty it was. It looks like I've driven it for 3000km or so...
attachment.php

Brake fluid flush... kinda dirty. The last time I did was over 3 years ago....
attachment.php

Here it is... clean and fresh now.
attachment.php

Power steering oil replaced too.
attachment.php

Running all lube/oil/fluid with new ones, I think it'll feel good too. :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7717.JPG
    IMG_7717.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_7720.JPG
    IMG_7720.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_7721.JPG
    IMG_7721.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_7722.JPG
    IMG_7722.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_7739.JPG
    IMG_7739.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Wow.. DIY or mechanic? If mechanic how much did they charge? When flushing the engine, did you use any flush additive?

Wow.. DIY or mechanic? If mechanic how much did they charge? When flushing the engine, did you use any flush additive?

No la... not DIY. I did it at the mechanic. I was charged RM60 for labor.

I did not use any flush addictive. Just the engine oil itself. I did not expect it to be so dirty...

Only DIY washing the air filter... hehehe.

Nice pictures bro.....the car is definitely more livelier as before hehe
I just serviced mine too with new engine oil, will definitely need to bleed the brakes plus put in fresh MTF too :biggrin:

I did not use any flush addictive. Just the engine oil itself. I did not expect it to be so dirty...

That seems pretty reasonable.
So your HLA should be more silent now, right?

That's an impressive amount of dirt for a cheap mineral flush. What mineral oil did he use to get that kind of black oil result? It'd probably be even worse if you used a additive flush

Nice pictures bro.....the car is definitely more livelier as before hehe
I just serviced mine too with new engine oil, will definitely need to bleed the brakes plus put in fresh MTF too :biggrin:

Well, the car is smoother for sure... maybe pyscologically feel.. hehe..

That's an impressive amount of dirt for a cheap mineral flush. What mineral oil did he use to get that kind of black oil result? It'd probably be even worse if you used a additive flush

I used Fuelguard Winston SAE40. I just asked for 'cheap lube' for flushing and they gave me this. It was only RM29. Since it was SAE40 (for trucks), it's quite thick. I plan to flush again on my next oil change and see if it's still so dirty.

Well. the 'teppet noise' is still there when cold but much better when it's warm. Thanks bro :)

Yeah the tappet noise....mine also the same as yours, cold start its quite loud, once warmed up the noise slowly reduced till an 'okay' level :biggrin:
Anyway, your blue theme engine cover and etc looks nice!!

Thanks bro... well if my oil-catch tank is blue, it'll look even better. :) hehe...

Well, I used to go all blue when I had the Ralliart oil filler cap. Then I was so much into detailing and almost got the Tomei header cover but it was too expensive and not worth it. Anyway, I painted my drilled original manifold cover (for TD04) to fit my TD05 manifold with high temp black paint.

wah.. suddenly engine so shiny.. what's the overall cost.. might need to change mine someday.

I can't remember the exact cost. It was like RM300 + installation 3 years ago. I love this Tomei blue very much. Need to swap with the original cover of course...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom