our Msia hero

Yup. Utmost respect to Panjang.

Perhaps, one of these days, I'll be like him. But, what type of hole to patch, ar?

On a more serious note, and quoting what he said, "Panjang said while some people had warmed up to him, some continued to ridicule and throw insults at him.", I had similar experiences. When I sold myself in E-Bay to donation to the old folks home in Ipoh, I went in a thread for Octoberfest(NMT, Autoworld), asking for donations, I was BURNT. And, the mod mentality takes over with fellow kaki botol joining in. Old wanker, I was called among others. Sigh.... :sad_smile:

unc headache... long time no c....

Perhaps, one of these days, I'll be like him. But, what type of hole to patch, ar? ..i know what kind of hole you mean....hehehehe :)

Respect that Panjang guy.... put the local council to shame.... yeah!!!

sheesh....i always thought that people who are honest and pure in doing good deeds always likes to keep a low profile...guess i was wrong...you seems to like to boast about every single 'good deed' that you had done eh?both in zth and in nmt...its kinda tip the scale off on the 'Sincere - O - Meter'

panjang hero man... wonder when he will come to malacca and ipoh to save us.... haha... here also got many potholes leh....

he is putting a lot of *[censored]* without a lot of side income from repair works. :wink:

Just to add... in The Star 8-Feb-2006
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/2/8/nation/13328340&sec=nation

This quote was found " “He is taking care of a small area while we are doing road works on a larger scale, which affects many roads.” MBJB said."

And also from an article here ....
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/2/9/nation/13340673&sec=nation
"However, Ghani stopped short of saying whether Panjang would receive an award from the state government in recognition of his efforts. "

I guess all Panjang receive is just the hamper given by Hyatt Regency JB. I'm not saying he deserve to be treated as king, but give some acknowledgement for these initiative people mah...

Our country needs more of these people around :_:

TiBuN said:
This quote was found " “He is taking care of a small area while we are doing road works on a larger scale, which affects many roads.” MBJB said."

Which means they can ignore smaller roads?

Means council can save money by not patching up smaller roads.

Small job = higher cost from contractors (smaller volume)
Big job = lower cost from contractors (big volume)

They weren't patching up smaller roads from the beginning. I've heard of many residents who do it themselves. Panjang has just given them an excuse for not doing so. If we write in to complain of potholes, they'll blame it on panjang now.

I respect this dude. He claims to be from a wealthy family and he's doing the council's job. Honestly, my respect goes to him. For those who ridicule him, well, judgment awaits them. The council should be ashamed of themselves.

SataniC said:
sheesh....i always thought that people who are honest and pure in doing good deeds always likes to keep a low profile...guess i was wrong...you seems to like to boast about every single 'good deed' that you had done eh?both in zth and in nmt...its kinda tip the scale off on the 'Sincere - O - Meter'

What's wrong with advertising myself for a good deed? I did bring in RM4K+ for a good deed to the old folks, wat.
What have you done lately?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom