Open air filter help

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Open pod are plug and play if you can get the correct ones. But best if you can install a heat shield to block the hot air of the engine being sucked. You can also try fitting drop in performance filters...

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
open pods without heat shielding or a proper air box = bad stuff

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, need to make it inhale cooler air or else just useless. For low powered NA car I think mostly it's useless or even worse than stock airbox. Better to just use drop-in after market filter in the stock airbox, and even that would not yield noticeable power improvement, just becomes cheaper in the long run coz you can keep washing and reusing the filter for along time as opposed to std filter which you need to replace every certain km, that's all. The only thing I think people like about open pod in such a case is the suction noise! :biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i still using stock airbox filter....looking how the inlet pipe turn right/left/u turn/up turn....only see the mouth. lol....:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Good open pod air filter reduce air restriction/increase air volume to the engine intake. However, if wrongly routed or directed (towards colder air), then open pod filter could perform worst than stock standard air filter...

Of course, some ppl install open pod becoz it looks more garang in the engine bay, or just loving the induction sound....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Performance air box with stock intake meaning stock filter? then is stock only. Better off with stock box with performance filters....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all thankyou for the replies, I have found these to products on the interest made for the satria neo, either proformance air box with stock intake or stock air box with the proformance air filter intake, any views on these?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Performance air box with stock intake meaning stock filter? then is stock only. Better off with stock box with performance filters....
The second photo doesn't look like a stock airbox, isn't it? Or is it just the intake scoop is replaced by the carbon scoop? If it's like that, then I think both are just useless! I think the first photo is just to make suction intake noise hence got that tube in the middle of the intake pipe, while the second photo if just the scoop then just for show only! Maybe the scoop is a bit bigger than stock then theoretically should help get more air but in practice I doubt it'll make any noticeable difference. You better off just to replace the air filter with a drop-in after market replacement like Works.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The second photo doesn't look like a stock airbox, isn't it? Or is it just the intake scoop is replaced by the carbon scoop? If it's like that, then I think both are just useless! I think the first photo is just to make suction intake noise hence got that tube in the middle of the intake pipe, while the second photo if just the scoop then just for show only! Maybe the scoop is a bit bigger than stock then theoretically should help get more air but in practice I doubt it'll make any noticeable difference. You better off just to replace the air filter with a drop-in after market replacement like Works.
Theory suck more air but block by stock filter......lol:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

i ll turbocharge my ride next year, now i got a offer from a reputable dealer, not very familiar with it but he taught me a lot of car mod knowledge, he himself is regular racer in sepang.

1. Skyline intercooler ( dunno is 32/33/34 ) = rm700
2. Tial 48mm wastegate = rm1100
3. HKS type s bov = rm350

all item above is used part, but original item, shall i go for it?

I m using D2 racing suspension now, good handling but too stiff for daily use... is it all adjustable is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience