Oil preasure gauge

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Helo all,

Got this from kedai potong s mivec is an engine that highly dependent on oil presure (1 of it). it works well. it shows oil pump performance but prob is i dont exactly know what r the function/ how to interprate the signal s it doesn't come wit users manual.

green light = memory. red = warning. what memory? what warning? :dontknow:

experts, help please.tq. pic atthached

cheers

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro warning will blink when oil pressure too low

memory not so sure...but i think its to indicate either the lowest or highest point of pressure during ur drive.

how many psi is safe/dangerous i also not so sure..hpefully other sifu can share...

Last edited:

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
helo all,

this greddy oil presure thing,where can i get it's users manuals? appreciate if anybody can share. this last 2 weeks, many time during idling/ driving, the gauge suddenly drop to zero & the warning light blinking 5-20+ time & back to normal again. the deep stick showed no decreasing on oil, there's no sign of leaking. could be the sensor. & that the problem...kedai potong does not provide users manual

help pls.tq

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro..when the pressure drops the car doesnt jerkl or anything right?

should be sensor problem..dont think the user manual can help at this moment..

wfd9766acik

Known Member
Dec 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
your gauge is mechanical or electrical?
hi,

:hmmmm: i don't exactly know.. but if can refer to the atthachment i post ealier

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

hi,

:hmmmm: i don't exactly know.. but if can refer to the atthachment i post ealier
it's not a digital if that's what u meant.its mechanical

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

bro..when the pressure drops the car doesnt jerkl or anything right?

should be sensor problem..dont think the user manual can help at this moment..
yup. engine running normal even when pressure drop. if sensor is the thing, how to fix? got any contact where i can get it checked/fix/replace (sensor only).

aiyoo...dont tell me i've to get another 1. this one ledi cost me more than a new complete k&n drop-in air filter kit..

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
from the pic, i think its a electrical..

mechanical normally will have the oil lines/tubes to the gauge. if electrical wont have tubes, only wiring cause uses sensor.

take it back to the halfcut shop taht u got it from bro..seee if they willing to change for you

Last edited:

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
i never had any luck with electrical pressure gauges. i have the same issue, pressure drops to zero, but engine is fine. my engine comes with a stock oil switch, the light never comes on, so i know the problem is not with the engine, but the gauge and sender.

bear in mind the gauge i used is brand new everything. VDO brand. i have no expeirnece with other brands.

next i will try is a mechanical gauge, which i believe is more accurate.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
pupjoint: gauge still under warranty? since its brand new try to return and claim a new gauge and/or sensor and see if problem solved.

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
ordered direct from USA, tried diff versions, common complaint on this particular model of pressure gauge.

not cost effective to ship back to USA also. will try other brand and try to buy local next time.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Perhaps the sensor or gauge has a problem, or even wiring issue.

If you're interested with GReddy digital oil/press gauge, I'll have a few sets for sale by the end of this month. PM me if you're interested.

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
you got PM.

definately not wiring issues. common prob worldwide with this particular gauge and sender.

i need more details on the Greddy digital oil pressure gauge, 52mm. also what sender it comes with.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

.. well, i've been reading a lot of good stuff about JFA with regards to this custom exhausts systems that he have been selling. i know if you want good and high quality stuffs, you have to fork out quite a bit of cash..which i wouldn't mind. however just want to know whether his prices are reasonable for the quality of things that you're buying from him or are we getting it with a premium since he is rather famous within the modding circle. it would be nice if some people could share their...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience