OEM ThrottleBody -> Mild upgrade

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Hi guys, i'm doing a very mild performance for my car, im driving a 4G15P,Siemens,VDO and would like to change a bigger throttle body from OEM.

Q1 - what TB can i get to Plug & Play to the original base without modifying anything?

Q2 - what is an advisable size of TB to get? if not mistaken, my OEM one is slightly under 2.5 inch and im not too sure cuz it din occur to me till now

simple question hope i get simple answers:itsme:

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
don't. u'll be getting nothing. since u stated that u are DOING a mild performance, i presume ur engine is still stock.

unless u did some porting, balancing internal parts then u might think about over sizing your TB

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
no point bro. if ur tb is bigger, ur intake manifold is still the same size, instead of gaining u will lose out. this is due to the "step effect" or so they call it. (bigger TB, small IM = air flow being restricted)

only diff u will feel is ur pocket getting lighter..

unless u port ur intake manifold to match exactly, and get a set of cams = wah lah!

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
yeah, i kinda realized that...thats y i abandoned the thread

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
LOL. in all honesty la, dont mean to offend anyone, but if u really wanna mod... throw away the 4g15p la bro...

i had that engine, and it is... just a daily drive.. hehe

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
dun worry, plan to throw edi...hehehe....got plan coming

but this engine damn reliable...tank full can go 600km :biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
my VDO last time...haihss....i enjoyed modding and driving it..but my petrol cant compare to PocRoc

Full tank = 340-360km...with a light foot.

but i enjoyed playing corner with it..sometimes i still miss her....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
pocroc: wah, what monster is coming?

ad_eg: i used to drive 1 also, satria SE... the car is still with me... hehehe, daily drive is awesome.. jimit, not really jimat also, i dont know why. full tank i travel approx 350km then have to isi again..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For the first time ever, the legendary Lisbon-Dakar rally has been cancelled. Individual stages have been cancelled before but never the entire rally. Dakar organizer ASO has decided to cancel the race due to terrorist threats from Mauritania. The rally was to run from Lisbon, Portugal to Dakar, Senegal from January 5-20.

Mauritania, formerly a French colony, and the ASO (Amaury Sport...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience