Nitrous Oxide

GTi9158

Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
where do I get/install the original NOS (Nitrous Oxide System by Holley)??? I know that N1 has Zex, the purple tank. Where do I get NOS?? I don't mind if theres a Zex with a polished chrome tank too. Looking for a chrome tank.

alvin24

Don't think got people bring it in... why don't try ZEX? Or NX? Its not like there's a significant difference also... u'll still be filling it up with the same gas.

GTi9158

Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
looks mah... spend 3k and I get a purple bottle with an automatic arm switch. Automatic injection at WOT. problem la...

GTi9158

Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
i don't want the thing to inject while i'm on 1st gear or somethin, I need a one that has manual controlled injection.

alvin24

Hahaha... u want 'manual' controlled so u can blow ur engine more easily? NOS is more complicated than u think... better let the electronics handle it.

What's wrong with NOS on 1st gear anyway?

And anywayz... thats just a way to engage NOS, you can tell them you want button, and they will do it for you... but U can ask around, I can assure u almost all the shops won't recommend this. The safest is still to engage during full throttle.

GTi9158

Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
dude, I know la, NOS should not be engaged on anything less then WOT. What I ment, to have the auto thing, as well as a button. So, meaning it will let use the button, ONLY when the throttle is at full. Anything less then WOT, it wont activate.

alvin24

Then ask them to install the button for u lar... can do wan. I still don't see a point in doing so... coz' assuming u're dragging with someone that doesn't have a button (activation on full throttle only)... u'll lose. Hehehe... =)

U watch too much movies la dude...

GTi9158

Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
BenWang said:
3K is it for a wet kit or dry kit ah?
3k is for wet. I didn't check dry. doesnt include installation + dyno (if you want)

GTi9158

Apr 23, 2005
Sydney & P.J.
alvin24 said:
Then ask them to install the button for u lar... can do wan. I still don't see a point in doing so... coz' assuming u're dragging with someone that doesn't have a button (activation on full throttle only)... u'll lose. Hehehe... =)

U watch too much movies la dude...
aiyooo.... not watching to many movies, it just doesnt make sense to me to waste it on low gears. And besides,"assume" you're racing. You flick the arm switch, and you're powering out of a corner... the nitrous would still kick in. It's like, sometimes you don't want it to, and sometimes you need it. Get my drift???

alvin24

Hahaha... like i said.. NOS is more complicated than u think... i think u fully understand know how NOS works. Its not like turbo where it 'suddenly' kicks in... u don't want the NOS just don't full throttle... nobody uses NOS for track anywayz... only for drags. Else u'll need to pit every lap to refil NOS! hahaha

Putting a 50 shot NOS is just like driving a 50 more hp car... its not going to 'suddenly' kick in like turbos... and on lower gears u dun want, just flick the engagement switch off loh, or else just press less throttle loh... the power is quite linear, as in, you can predict the power... unlike turbos which is much much more complicated.

Lower gears are just as important as higher ones... ask any true player out there... if u jump the 1st and 2nd gear... its going to take a while before the other car catches up even if its a more powerful car... assuming the gear ratios are about the same.

alvin24

blackhowling taiko... when ur NOS going in? Saw ur car at GT auto... but apparently NOS not in yet woh?

Joeker

Walking Dead
Jinjang
Alvin24,

Wah!! u not only turbo sifu, u also NOS sifu wor!!

Eh? how come mY fren auto corolla got switch wan leh?!?!?.

He not care full throttle or semit throttle or wat trottle lor, if he feel the urge for adrenelin rush, he just on the swithc and WOOLA!! 50hp on tap lor.

Why u don't believe ah? want to test or not?

50hp NOS corolla stock standard internal Auto sunmore oni mah.

Owner is 30 year old uncle with belly stomach wor.

Hi greeting semua...
I m looking for a b.o.t for my campro gen2 manual '05 model. Maybe any workshop around johor. Tolong (pls,pls,pls) comment. Saya tak nak nanti jadi tikus lab lepas tu engine meletup. Saya ngah cari yg setting boleh di pakai harian, pegi balek kerja, dan hujung minggu bleh sedikit2 main track ke...heheheh pls tunjuk ajr kepada newbie. heheheheheh