NEW car paint, how to take care?

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by popiah@Oct 4 2004, 08:10
sorry to hear about your bumper. the pins cannot be reused after sprayinf your car? y have to get new ones?

a good 100% cotton cloth will do. i personally find the permaglass cloth a bit too thin. it gets clogged with polish material quite fast. So if you want to use permaglass cloth, make sure it is safe fo ryour car and get at least 4 pcs.

you can search for a thread on the cd test which you can read up. it will help you decide if your cloth is really safe. the link is here .
all the pins cannot use back, previously bumber got langgar, so the metal bracket senggek and it break most of the clips...
and the previous farker painter didnt told us about this, the bracket senggek liow still paint use back, until now the oringinal bumber leg all spoil caused by the senggek bracket... <_<

now go other shop spray then baru realise this thing...

fark that paint shop!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Putra668

Oct 5, 2004
My advise will be before wash with cloth...spray away all the solid things away from ur car first like the big sand...after that u wash with cloth and shampoo...thats what i did to prevent to scratch my new paint..as my putra just got a new paint..metallic black...and i wax once every 2 week..use kit wax..ok ?

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
calling popiah, calling popiah~~~ :P

i just found some info on meguiars website which make me feel scared when i wanna wax the new paint on my car... :(
here is it, http://www.meguiars.com/faq/_index.cfm?faq...section=_38#_38

or maybe i wax my father's new car 1st, his car is around 1 and a 1/2 month old liow, since is a new car which come by factory, so the paint must be able to wax liow. :D

is it i really need to wait 2 months to wax my car with the new paint? or shorter time? cause malaysia weather is hotter then US, so the paint will be dry/hardern faster...
1 or 2 weeks is enough?

:(

banq

Aug 3, 2004
Send it to glare polish with 18 months warrantty.

http://glare.com.my/

Few friend and myself done that.
Pretty coolz. Check it out. ;)

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
just receive my car today...

the car was silver colour, but unfortunately there some places looks like got some white colour habuk-habuk on it (look like haze stick on the paint) this can be easily spooted when having direct sunlight on that area. its looks like those paste compound habuk stick on the paint already. is this true?
i wash with clean water but it still there... :( how to remove this?

and some place got a some swirl mark too... :(

how to remove these ar?

will WD40 harm the car paint? cause a place got a staint of the cellophane tape, then i use water to rub also cant gone, somemore become worst, then use WD40, easy easy gone... :D

thanks... ;)

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
Sorry for the late reply, have been off on MC for the past two days. :(

Anyway, the best is to check with your painter. Your painter will know best what paint he used and how long it would take to cure. IF you do not intend to wax your car, please make sure you wash it often.

What wax did u get? As for the swirls, i think you should bring it back to your painter and ask him to touch it up.

Did those white spots come off with washing? If not you might have to try something like Paint cleaner or Claybar. Does it feel rough to the touch?

I see that you have been going through meguiar's site. good, do try other forums like Meguiars Online and Detail city.

Its a good collection of experiences not only with meguiars but other products too.

I am not sure if WD40 will harm the paint, never try before :D . But doesn't hurt to wash it off after you have removed the tape marks.

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by popiah@Oct 7 2004, 08:07
Sorry for the late reply, have been off on MC for the past two days. :(

Anyway, the best is to check with your painter. Your painter will know best what paint he used and how long it would take to cure. IF you do not intend to wax your car, please make sure you wash it often.

What wax did u get? As for the swirls, i think you should bring it back to your painter and ask him to touch it up.

Did those white spots come off with washing? If not you might have to try something like Paint cleaner or Claybar. Does it feel rough to the touch?

I see that you have been going through meguiar's site. good, do try other forums like Meguiars Online and Detail city.

Its a good collection of experiences not only with meguiars but other products too.

I am not sure if WD40 will harm the paint, never try before :D . But doesn't hurt to wash it off after you have removed the tape marks.
Ooh, MC ar, so now ok already? ;)

The painter said the car can be wax after received. Cause i saw they got do a compound paste with machine before i take the car, if the paint didnt cure then they cannot compound right? :rolleyes:

I getting the NXT Wax, waiting for my sister to pass to me. :D
Actually that is not swirl mark, is like those light scratch which caused by those washing cloth, maybe their cloth a bit rough when washing... <_<
These light scratch mark can be removed by polish and wax? I prefer do it by myself. Cause i more carefull then them :P .

The white spot didnt come off, normally is hard to see, but once got sunlight at that area, then can be seen. Ya, i can feel a bit roughly when touching it. <_<
So the Quik Clay and Paint Cleaner can remove these? Roughly how much for that 2 ar? Hope is not expensive, near PK liow... :(

:)

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
hmmm, maybe it is paint overspray. If you like, can set a time n place to meet up and try the clay I have first, no need to buy and then only to find that it is not suitable. 60 ringgit is not something to be thrown around. Oh, btw I am in puchong.

as for the light scratches, does it look like it is in circles?, for very light marks, NXT wax should be able to hide them pretty well.

Compounding is different from waxing. Waxing will form a layer over the paint to protect it from contaminants. Compounds will not do that. Compound is used to restore a surface to a smooth finish. From what I read at the meguiar's site, it is not a problem about the paint being hard enough. It is about the chemicals used in the paint that will evaporate.

If in doubts. try on a small portion of the car first. Maybe your front fender. Or bumper. Try applying NXT on it and leave it for a week or two and see whats the effect like.

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by popiah@Oct 7 2004, 11:34
hmmm, maybe it is paint overspray. If you like, can set a time n place to meet up and try the clay I have first, no need to buy and then only to find that it is not suitable. 60 ringgit is not something to be thrown around. Oh, btw I am in puchong.

as for the light scratches, does it look like it is in circles?, for very light marks, NXT wax should be able to hide them pretty well.

Compounding is different from waxing. Waxing will form a layer over the paint to protect it from contaminants. Compounds will not do that. Compound is used to restore a surface to a smooth finish. From what I read at the meguiar's site, it is not a problem about the paint being hard enough. It is about the chemicals used in the paint that will evaporate.

If in doubts. try on a small portion of the car first. Maybe your front fender. Or bumper. Try applying NXT on it and leave it for a week or two and see whats the effect like.
Thank you popiah~~~ Thanks man~~~ :D

Probably next week can? Cause this week i a bit busy, friend going oversea and need to help him a bit... :P

Wow, the clay RM60? Siao expensive :o , somemore i still student. But if is can works for my problem then is ok, hope MG will set up a some kind of service centre at here, then we can test a bit before we buy... :lol:

I living in klang, but i going to bukit jalil for my class. Currently are u working or studying? Normally i will pass by puchong there if i going to class. But i not familiar with puchong, just know's how to go there from the road sign :P . Or we meet in a famous places that can easily get there, like this ok? Will PM u later for discussion... :D

The light scratches doesn't look like in circles, more like in a straight line, maybe their cleaning cloth is rough... <_< Is quite light actually, hope polish or wax can cover this... :D

So we try some experiment when we meet up la... :P :D

Thanks man~~~ :D

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
No prob. PM me anytime. Weekdays i m only available nite. Coz working in balakong. Weekends ah..... depends leh :P . The clay comes with a bottle of quick detailer (QD) which itself cost 31 ringgit. Bsides using it for the clay, i find the QD not to be really useful. Final Inspection is the only way to go. :D

Mayb giant carpark in puchong. Huge carpark. Nite time got bright lights summore.

U stay really far away from the place you study. What do u study anyway? Guess ur driving schedule pretty much dictated by kesas traffic condition huh.

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by popiah@Oct 7 2004, 16:11
No prob. PM me anytime. Weekdays i m only available nite. Coz working in balakong. Weekends ah..... depends leh :P . The clay comes with a bottle of quick detailer (QD) which itself cost 31 ringgit. Bsides using it for the clay, i find the QD not to be really useful. Final Inspection is the only way to go. :D

Mayb giant carpark in puchong. Huge carpark. Nite time got bright lights summore.

U stay really far away from the place you study. What do u study anyway? Guess ur driving schedule pretty much dictated by kesas traffic condition huh.
hihi, ok so i will PM u later about the date, time and place la... :D

The Final Inspection can clean the paint surface also?

I study IT at Apiit TPM Bukit Jalil, so usually travel at kesas highway... :P

You also go belakong by kesas? Or we meet at Sri Petaling Caltex petrol station there? Is ok if like this? ;)

:D

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
hi nicky, sorry for late reply. sick.......

anyway Final Inspecton is like a spray wax. No cleaning properties at all. Just for a quick shine. :P Anyway, As stated in my PM, I dunno where caltex sri petaling is. But I know where Carrefour is lerr. :P

OSFlanker

Known Member
Feb 3, 2004
Visit site
There is a new car detailing centre in PJ which uses Meguair's product and best of all, they use FILTERED water when washing your car! They will also tell you how to take care of your car paint. The shop is Harry Bright in Taman Mayang, same row as YS Khong, but on the other end.

popiah

Known Member
Mar 20, 2004
osflanker, do they sell the pro line like DACP, Swirl remover 2.0 etc to customers? 10q

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

数学代写系还将开设许多“应用数学”课程。许多人可能想知道这些是否与他们未来的工作直接相关。事实上,所谓的“应用数学”有着非常广泛的含义。我理解应用数学是将math的思想、知识和方法应用到物理、化学、生物、金融、工程等学科和行业中,帮助解决学科和行业的核心问题,促进科学和行业的进步。mathematics系课程中真正与实际工作相关的applied mathematics知识和方法(如工程、金融等相关知识和方法)所占比例很低,可能仅是金融数学和计算数学课程的一部分;数学专业学生接触最多的应用数学,主要是对其他学科理论问题的分析和解决。因此,我们可以普遍理解,数学系学习的应用数学与我们生活中的“应用”有很大不同。
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience