needed help...

tunchin

Dec 26, 2012
Segamat
hi guys,
recently i change my fortuner 2.5g Diesel nozzle and added a "RACE CHIP"..

the car is much more powerful and the top speed increased... BUT

when it reaches 4th gear, i realised black smoke came out from the exhaust (of course lah) but its seems like a Lorry exhaust smoke.... and sometimes when i step on the gas paddle, the engine warning light appears and the whole car langsung cannot move... have to turn off the car and then start back baru can jalan... (this happens especially when at traffic light stops and full acceleration)

what can i do to solve this matter... pls help... :sob:

tunchin

Dec 26, 2012
Segamat
Em m?i tham gia di?n dÃ*n. Chua bi?t gì nhi?u, hi v?ng các bác giúp d?. BÃ*i vi?t c?a c?u hay quá tôi . C?u nÃ*o c?n v? d?ch v? ki?m d?nh vÃ* hu?n luy?n an toÃ*n: xe nâng, c?u tr?c, n?i hoi, thang máy thì liên h? tôi nhé.Chúc b?n thÃ*nh công
I don't understand.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

hi guys,
recently i change my fortuner 2.5g Diesel nozzle and added a "RACE CHIP"..

the car is much more powerful and the top speed increased... BUT

when it reaches 4th gear, i realised black smoke came out from the exhaust (of course lah) but its seems like a Lorry exhaust smoke.... and sometimes when i step on the gas paddle, the engine warning light appears and the whole car langsung cannot move... have to turn off the car and then start back baru can jalan... (this happens especially when at traffic light stops and full acceleration)

what can i do to solve this matter... pls help... :sob:
forgot to mention, my fortuner is model year 2010, auto. :smokin:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Race chip got few preset mode, switch to the one that is not so AGGRESSIVE

the map is too aggresive and ur car cant support, so it jumped into LIMP mode(check engine on), boost too high etc issue

when u switch off engine and restart it back, it back to normal...coz ecu cant detects any problem

happen only when u WOT rite?

tunchin

Dec 26, 2012
Segamat
Race chip got few preset mode, switch to the one that is not so AGGRESSIVE

the map is too aggresive and ur car cant support, so it jumped into LIMP mode(check engine on), boost too high etc issue

when u switch off engine and restart it back, it back to normal...coz ecu cant detects any problem

happen only when u WOT rite?
WOT? actually i am very very very new and dont know what is all the short forms... hehe... but the black smoke is outrageous

attached picture is the 1 i took from my racechip... the setting... pls advise how to set..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Racechip is getting famous nowadays, being in gasoline or diesel engine.

how to set it right, guess you need to consult the racechip seller for advise bro....

simpy turn the switch will just kaboom it :p

and yea, izso is right..WOT is 100% full throttle

*btw, i will direct your problem to the Racechip since i know them

Last edited:

ckh_calvin83

Apr 16, 2006
what's that piece of white thing at the pin area? where do you get the racechip from? got reseller in malaysia?

tunchin

Dec 26, 2012
Segamat
Racechip is getting famous nowadays, being in gasoline or diesel engine.

how to set it right, guess you need to consult the racechip seller for advise bro....

simpy turn the switch will just kaboom it :p

and yea, izso is right..WOT is 100% full throttle

*btw, i will direct your problem to the Racechip since i know them
Yeah.... Thanks..really appreciate it huakenny.. Actually I bought this racechip pro from a shop who mod diesel nozzle.... He said adding racechip can increase hp a d top speed.... So currently I only can manage reach 160km/h max

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

what's that piece of white thing at the pin area? where do you get the racechip from? got reseller in malaysia?
The white piece is the jumper.... Normally found in electronics circuit. Reseller? I think u better ask huakenny. I install it via the fella help me mod my nozzle.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

WOT = wide open throttle. Ie - full throttle
Thanks for the infor.... .... Yes.... It only happen when I WOT.. Now better edi... Previous when started install.... It happens every time I WOT.... Now once in a while.... But the black smoke us totally crazy.... Especially at 4th gear.

tunchin

Dec 26, 2012
Segamat
and... donno is it because i changed the nozzle... the engine sound more louder than previous....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This thread is to invite those whose car batteries have benefited from the regular use of Tufoil to share their real experiences.

First, I shall start the ball rolling with my personal experience.

Some 5 years back, I had a standard MB 190E using a DIN 55 GP maintenance-free battery. This battery was among the first production series for a maintenance-free battery produced in Malaysia. A Mk 1.The battery was already 4 years old but was still certified good using a Midtronics battery tester...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience