need help wit my starter??

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
forgot read it realier but still want to write that :rofl:

try ketuk2 the solenoid with spanner/plier or any metal that can reach there a bit to see it the stuck came from solenoid or switch at steering in the first place...
hmm thought the method if starter cannot run oni, give it a try than but still hasn't got the time to do yet:banghead:

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

if u are close to your mechanic, he could actually change the carbon brush inside it, the last time did it for RM60.
used starter costs bout RM150.
now not much mech want to do it, why need do extra time when u can order & do other car while waiting + rm150 to repair a car can consider cheap edi.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
hmm thought the method if starter cannot run oni, give it a try than but still hasn't got the time to do yet:banghead:

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

now not much mech want to do it, why need do extra time when u can order & do other car while waiting + rm150 to repair a car can consider cheap edi.
not what the starter...but whack the solenoid above it....maybe that stuck on position....

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just to share my experience when this happen to me long ago on a diesel pajero , i was doing fuel system bleeding that require the engine to be crank for quite sometime , then the starter keep on cranking even with ignition switch in lock position til the starter started to smoking , i quickly disconnect the neg battery terminal & took the starter out to a starter motor & alternator rebuilder and they found out that the soleniod contact has welded together because of the heat of continous cranking , just got the soleniod replaced and the starter was working again ... they also said starter should be crank for maximum 10sec thn let it cool off for 20secs only continue to crank , if continue crank non stop for long time either the soleniod contact would be welded or the motor get fried .

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just to share my experience when this happen to me long ago on a diesel pajero , i was doing fuel system bleeding that require the engine to be crank for quite sometime , then the starter keep on cranking even with ignition switch in lock position til the starter started to smoking , i quickly disconnect the neg battery terminal & took the starter out to a starter motor & alternator rebuilder and they found out that the soleniod contact has welded together because of the heat of continous cranking , just got the soleniod replaced and the starter was working again ... they also said starter should be crank for maximum 10sec thn let it cool off for 20secs only continue to crank , if continue crank non stop for long time either the soleniod contact would be welded or the motor get fried .
That is why when car cannot start, we crank and stop, crank and stop. Too long high current might just do what you mentioned.
Last time when working in car battery manufacturing factory many many years ago, we tested hooking up a copper cable from positive to negative terminals. Usually when the cable connects there will be sparks. What we did was connect it permanently onto the terminals. Within seconds the cable starts to warm up, then later copper cable starts to glow red, outer rubber casing starts to melt, then later the cable melted too. Just to show how strong the battery current is.....:burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've read some place offer servicing BBK or calipers but forgot where is it already - i think its in Sunway.

Need to service caliper which i have already bought the parts i.e. seals, rubber, etc.

any recommendation?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience