need help wit my starter??

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
dear sifuses,

my problem is, the starter wont stop working even when the engine already starts, even more surprisingly it's still working when I turned off the key. thought it was the relay problem, changed wit my horn relay still problem persist, spent a bit more & use a new 1 just making sure & stil same problem, it even burnt my jumper coz starter wont stop, luckily nothing severe happened, if the other car engine wasn't running bet it'll drain the batt 2. any thoughts @ this prob??:banghead::banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ignition switch problem or wiring. Current still going to starter from battery direct.

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
thx for the reply, ask mech he said sumthing inside starter maybe stuck, it moves out when starting & supposed to come back in when engine starts. if it is so, if the car edi start which wire should I disconnect but engine should still run. thx for your enlightenment sifuses:adore:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
maybe the solenoid got problem, thus keeping the starter motor running instead of being disengaged.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
maybe the solenoid got problem, thus keeping the starter motor running instead of being disengaged.
Yup, the power actually goes to the solenoid first that powers the starter. Chinese mechanic call it the mouse. This is attached to the side of the starter.....

The smaller unit is the solenoid

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Yup, the power actually goes to the solenoid first that powers the starter. Chinese mechanic call it the mouse. This is attached to the side of the starter.....

The smaller unit is the solenoid
if I'm not wrong, both starter & solenoid needs the batt power to runs rite, should I detach both supply or either way is possible or just take out the relay, coz I want to make sure that I can ride my car to w/shop to change the starter without having other problems on the way.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if I'm not wrong, both starter & solenoid needs the batt power to runs rite, should I detach both supply or either way is possible or just take out the relay, coz I want to make sure that I can ride my car to w/shop to change the starter without having other problems on the way.
try swap the relay first

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
try swap the relay first
You another one did not read...haha TS mentioned he switch the relay already

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Not sure if yours is the same but basically is like this. The ignition switch trigger the power through the relay to the solenoid. This will trigger the solenoid to take power from the battery directly and trigger the starter. Here....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
You another one did not read...haha TS mentioned he switch the relay already

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Not sure if yours is the same but basically is like this. The ignition switch trigger the power through the relay to the solenoid. This will trigger the solenoid to take power from the battery directly and trigger the starter. Here....

forgot read it realier but still want to write that :rofl:

try ketuk2 the solenoid with spanner/plier or any metal that can reach there a bit to see it the stuck came from solenoid or switch at steering in the first place...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
forgot read it realier but still want to write that :rofl:

try ketuk2 the solenoid with spanner/plier or any metal that can reach there a bit to see it the stuck came from solenoid or switch at steering in the first place...
See bro. twist result after checking......:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can someone recommend an insurance company in Malaysia that doesn't include 2% excess for Porsche Cayenne insurance
Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience