Need help on car alarm pls...

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
I m currently using boomerang alarm but i accidently drop the controller n its cant funtion properly now...i ask lot of acc shop all say need reset but since when i bought that car the alarm was inside so the is no user manual for me to reset it...jz thot anybody can gimme help ? I also thinking to change the alarm system if the prob cant b solve...Anybody can recommend a good quality alarm system ? And the price ? Also can anybody explain to me what is 2way alarm,GSM alarm and GPS alarm? I just stay at a small town so can anybody recommend a really good alarm that suitable me....i really nervous coz my alarm on my impreza is not funtionable...Thanks in advance...Helps really need...

dj_gti

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
since u're using impreza....
then better get a new alarm system......
go for gsm...
i think someone is selling gsm alarm in the forum....
just check it out and don't be lazy....
hehehehhehe.....just kidding.

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Yeah anybody here selling gsm alarm can help me...i prefer those brand the have good quality and reputation...thanks alot...

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
hey man, i was browsing this forum looking for a new alarm and bumped into your thread and u know wat? the exact same thing happened to me. i dropped my alarm key unit and had it checked and apparently the chip is spoiled (maybe crack) which caused it not to function properly.

anyway, i was doing some research on alarm systems because there are so many in the market now and my car alarm knowledge dates back to the jurassic times. so far this is what i understand.

2 way alarm - allows you to receive the status of your parked car, whether the door is open, or unlocked or the alarm is triggered. this is transmitted to you through the little lcd screen on the key unit. uses radio frequency.

gsm alarm - allows you to receive sms on the status of your car. some alarm systems can tell you the status of your car just by 'calling' it. in short, the alarm system will notify you through your mobile fon. this requires you to insert a sim card into it so that it can call you or if you miss your car. gsm alarm uses mobile phone frequecy.

gps alarm - allows you to track your car in the event you went to midvalley or klcc and forgot which floor you parked. lol just kidding. in short, it gives you the coordinates of ur car (i.e longitude, lattitude) for you to retrieve it. this isbetter suited for wide open areas rather than closed areas. uses sattellite for tracking.

i also found that there are gps/gsm car alarm systems. i mean like a 2 in 1. best of both worlds.

so far i think ill be going for a security system that has an immobiliser function as well as 2 way pager alarm. i dont usually park my car far from where i am so 2 way would benefit me. immobiliser is self explanatory. i suggest since u r driving an impreza, dont go for the china alarm systems just yet. theyre still pretty unstable at the moment.

i could be wrong with certain things becoz i just only started researching 2 hours ago. if anyone thinks im wrong pls correct me.

anyway hope that helps!

Last edited:

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
hey man, i was browsing this forum looking for a new alarm and bumped into your thread and u know wat? the exact same thing happened to me. i dropped my alarm key unit and had it checked and apparently the chip is spoiled (maybe crack) which caused it not to function properly.

anyway, i was doing some research on alarm systems because there are so many in the market now and my car alarm knowledge dates back to the jurassic times. so far this is what i understand.

2 way alarm - allows you to receive the status of your parked car, whether the door is open, or unlocked or the alarm is triggered. this is transmitted to you through the little lcd screen on the key unit. uses radio frequency.

gsm alarm - allows you to receive sms on the status of your car. some alarm systems can tell you the status of your car just by 'calling' it. in short, the alarm system will notify you through your mobile fon. this requires you to insert a sim card into it so that it can call you or if you miss your car. gsm alarm uses mobile phone frequecy.

gps alarm - allows you to track your car in the event you went to midvalley or klcc and forgot which floor you parked. lol just kidding. in short, it gives you the coordinates of ur car (i.e longitude, lattitude) for you to retrieve it. this isbetter suited for wide open areas rather than closed areas. uses sattellite for tracking.

i also found that there are gps/gsm car alarm systems. i mean like a 2 in 1. best of both worlds.

so far i think ill be going for a security system that has an immobiliser function as well as 2 way pager alarm. i dont usually park my car far from where i am so 2 way would benefit me. immobiliser is self explanatory. i suggest since u r driving an impreza, dont go for the china alarm systems just yet. theyre still pretty unstable at the moment.

i could be wrong with certain things becoz i just only started researching 2 hours ago. if anyone thinks im wrong pls correct me.

anyway hope that helps!
Yeah me too...as i dont usually park my car from away from myself so i think a 2ways alarm will do great for me...And here a stupid question i wan to ask...
What is the immobiliser funtion mean? And what the useage of immobiliser function ?

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
immobilizer basically stops ur car from moving by cutting the fuel lines, ECU or the ignition to your car. so if it gets hotwired or is started illegally without the card or chip or password or watever, the car will not function after several seconds. you would then find ur car down the road 1 minute away.

dj_gti

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
2-way alarm is good.....
try steelmate or maybe radiostar.........

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Ok i got it thanks.....

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
some gps alarm system need subcribtion fee.... to me.. it is a daylight roberry since the GPS is totally free...

IF i am driving impreza.. i would go for GSM alram since i can communicate with my car every where when there is celcom (i use celcom) signal..and u can immobillize ur car from anywhere also if it gets stolen...

price range for GSM car alarm... is RM1800++ (not made in china)
RM650 (made in china)...
calling charges to ur car is free if u use the celcom friends and family...

please look for a gsm alarm thread in this crime n security section... started by davis84 (some thing like that the nick)...
that davis84 sells china alarm at a very2 nice price... tell him Lord_darkslide refer u to him....

hehehhehe... it is NOT that i know him.. or u can get a discount by mentioning my name... it is just that maybe next time i wanna buy some thing from him....i mention ur name ... maybe i can get the discount... hehehehehhe...dun mad arr joking only...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Korean Chaebol - KIA Motors is out to impress with their upcoming and newly designed next generation Kia Forte – Cerato in other markets and K3 in Korea’s domestic market, having sold over 445,000 units globally in 2011 alone.

<!--more-->The next-gen Forte (as it’s known in Malaysia) will be provided with a newly and futuristically designed exterior that will be longer, lower and wider whilst...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience