NEED HELP HERE ON MODIFYING MY 1992 Proton Wira 1.6 XTi

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Need guild in modifying my Proton Wira 1.6. Got around RM50k to build. PLEASE STATE DOWN THE NAME AND PRICETAG...

Everything is stock, never modify before.

I need a downhill drifting build, starting with the engine, turbo, and gearbox 1st...

THX A LOT!!!

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
wira 1.6liter? 50k budget? downhill drifting?

my advice:
sell your wira, for as much as you can. and with your available money(you should have 80-90k by now), get a real drift car, like FC, S13, A31, AE86 :D , 180sx, and you will still have left over money to soup them up or fix them.

just my 2 cent. at least thats what i'll do if i'm in your shoe, and i'll do it tomorrow.

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
sell the wira la!!!
if want to DRIFT...
get a AE86, more worth it...

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Sorry friends, it's 1.6 XLi. I'm going with a Wira, coz dun wan to make a lot of attention... There is only one RX-8 here and the polis and JPJ kept waiting for that car everywhere... So I dun wan a lot of attention. Plus those car u all advice me to buy, it's like... urm... the bottom surely break loose... I've jacked up my Wira from a few more cm...

My car should be looking like this :
1. Good for drifting
2. Rally compatible<--- Must if ur driving at Sabah...
3. Good ground clearance... U know Sabah road... I pity all those ppl who put neons which had been fragmented... RM350+ to put, 72 hours later, ur neons soon parted...
4. Silence is golden <--- Must unless it's the engine...

I'm been looking for Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO MX, etc. But I dun think there is any sold here... And hope the price, u know la... Juz secondary student... That $$ I earn about 5-6 years...

carcass

500 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Malaysia/Japan!
Visit site
tk2005takeru said:
Sorry friends, it's 1.6 XLi. I'm going with a Wira, coz dun wan to make a lot of attention... There is only one RX-8 here and the polis and JPJ kept waiting for that car everywhere... So I dun wan a lot of attention. Plus those car u all advice me to buy, it's like... urm... the bottom surely break loose... I've jacked up my Wira from a few more cm...

My car should be looking like this :
1. Good for drifting
2. Rally compatible<--- Must if ur driving at Sabah...
3. Good ground clearance... U know Sabah road... I pity all those ppl who put neons which had been fragmented... RM350+ to put, 72 hours later, ur neons soon parted...
4. Silence is golden <--- Must unless it's the engine...

I'm been looking for Subaru Impreza WRX STi, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO MX, etc. But I dun think there is any sold here... And hope the price, u know la... Juz secondary student... That $$ I earn about 5-6 years...
1992 got wira meh ?

still a secondary student ?

concentrate on ur SPM 1st then only think of playing cars....

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Dunno 92 or 93... but 10+ years and above... cant remember the date actually but it's the first batch... Engine is like brand new, coz only 100k KM only... Running condition is good... But gearbox wanna die liao, forgot to change the GB oil after 10+ years, maybe never change before, quit EON service after 3 years... So I'm changing manual next year,. Idling speed is a bit unstable... everything is normal except plastic and rubber aged problems, happens in 10+ years car.

As for SPM, I'm taking it next year. They said very easy compare to UEC. I'm taking both, this year honeymoon year!!! WEE~~~ =P

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
agree with carcass... better save that money as insurance for higher learning. Unless if you can't think of that. *Wink* *wink*

I realized that I am smart, but dun have the money to further my studies. Dun be like me.... sob sob sob!

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Ok Ok... but at least i'm going to modify something... maybe engine nvm, gearbox is a must, any suggestion? Auto --> Manual? Dunno which gearbox to take and the pros and cons... + the other stuff needed to change too like ECU, driveshaft, etc. Any taukeh here got a full convertion package for Wira 1.6 XLi from auto to manual? I need something wont break when high stress during drifting in Sabah roads, that means it's like rallying on broken asphalt with gravels on the roads too...

Well, I did some rebudgeting, I really wan to convert it. That's makes RM50k fell to RM15k, enuff? or more than enuff? If any1 dun encourage me to change my engine then i'll leave it... intercooler turbo i'll leave it later next 1-2 years...

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
yo bro... i am from the east also... same age as ya... driving the same car... but mine is 97... but my driving experince on the car and IMHO... not worth it if you do all those mods... safe up more and get a real drift car like what they suggested then you start to think about drift... dun get mad about my suggestion... ;) and if you really wan power... convert it is the best idea... mayb to MIVEC... cuz turbo car need different teknik to drive to get the most out of it safely... (experince from my family's EVO3)... jus my 2 cent...

Last edited:

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
first, get ur driving license laa dude or finish ur "P" first..ehehehe...and get a proper drift machine if u really wanna drift...:D...aite!!!..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
hey bro..u at kk n lookinf for subaru?

try to ask SA555W....subaru impreza GC8 version 6 sti version....5 doors merttalic blue..fully aksesori.... i think he gonna sell.

try to ask him...owes at damai Cyber - X....let me know if u interested....i can help

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beading Effect for KKE Thick Wax -

When water is sprayed on a normal car surface, the water would generally form a film and remain on the car paint and would probably dry on the car. The water drying on the car has several problems like leaving water spots, dirt dryin on the car etc. Even harmfull effects of bugs, tree saps, road film harms your car paint and its finish.

An unprotected car paint would probably have a water film.

KKE Thick Wax is to be applied by hand using a wax...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience