need help about spark plug

n_chun21

Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
last time i using the ngk platinium figure 5 then today i change to ngk irridium figure 6... and my car now the tempature is normal but my water spare tank is more than last time.. last time is at the max line now is near the cap of the plastic tank... is it ok for my car if i using figure 6? thanx for all sifu..

Nieto

Aug 10, 2006
but platinum is 'cold spark' rite? correct me if im wrong... i heard sum ppl said, borsch platinum is 'cold spark'~
but for NGK, i duno la~!!

sry if i hijack da tread a bit... i try b4 bosch platinum... but only 5k km nid to change, i wonder y?? i duno it is suitable for 4G13p or not~... den i lazy wan try out, i use back super 4

davidv00

Mar 27, 2006
if using wrong plug, i.e. cold plug then your car will have lots of ping... nothing to do with car temperature. cold plugs are for high performance car usage, in our climate and our car class, we should use hot plugs... index of 5-6 (according to volker readings).

if buying a platinium that only last for 5k km, i better use normal NGK plugs... its not cost effective mar...

i m using Volker iridium plugs in my wife's car...changed it since 20,000km ago, now running 48,000km and the performance is constant.... so i am abit doubt why platinium plugs lifespan so short. my volker warranty me 150,000km mileage or 2 years, which ever comes first with 1-1 swap.

anyway, back to the topic, wish you good luck to find out what is the culprit for such situation.

Nieto said:
but platinum is 'cold spark' rite? correct me if im wrong... i heard sum ppl said, borsch platinum is 'cold spark'~
but for NGK, i duno la~!!

sry if i hijack da tread a bit... i try b4 bosch platinum... but only 5k km nid to change, i wonder y?? i duno it is suitable for 4G13p or not~... den i lazy wan try out, i use back super 4

n_chun21

Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
thanx for ur all info.. i already settle all the thing.. y my tempature is running up bzos my brother help me add water until the top then i don't know.. sorry i blur blur..
now i using irridium plug last time i using ngk platinium number 5, now is ngk irridium number 6 tempature also is same nothing special .. so no need buy a expensive plug la just a same jeh...

Nieto

Aug 10, 2006
oh, how bout those volkswagen? they dun hav tangki air~ izzit better if use cold plug??

and for me, i think use performance spark plug better den normal plug.. it says, recomend 20,000km to change.. when i take my spark plug out (super 4), da spark still can use even 25,000km dy and i think can use more den 40,000km~ and fc oso decrease~ better engine lifespan oso increase..

for my opinion, performance sparkplug oso good for city driving~ but no nid buy till rm100++ plug la~ ha ha

performance sparkplug dont mean need to buy high end ones such as iridium plugs mah... bosch super 4 and NGK platinum ones are good enough...

i'm using NGK platinum plugs... so far so good la... but when first installed, felt abit sluggish.... mayb coz havent 'warmed up' yet....

davidv00

Mar 27, 2006
yeah it is up to our choice, like me i buy the volker iridium because wanna save cost in the long run... 150,000km for RM2XX is worth lor i think.

n_chun21

Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
for me now i no need buy spark plug liau if my spark plug not nice just go to my friends chop shop or modification car chop take the irridium spark bzos when they come in a halfcut they take it out and threw away 1 but is still nice so my friends keep it and used...

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
n_chun21

1 people can't use so many spark plugs 1.....give me some ma.....haha