Myvi with honda big brake kit rotor

WilsonTHarv

Jul 14, 2016
Hey there everyone , i got a myvi that i have installed big brake kit taken from Honda FD2 , everythings was working fine .

Now that i need to replace my worn out rotor , i wondered if there is any rotor that would plugnplay into myvi with honda FD2 brake which the lug pattern is 4x100 ... ori honda rotor is 5x114.3 which would require redrilled to fit into myvi hub .

Many thanks for any input :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hey there everyone , i got a myvi that i have installed big brake kit taken from Honda FD2 , everythings was working fine .

Now that i need to replace my worn out rotor , i wondered if there is any rotor that would plugnplay into myvi with honda FD2 brake which the lug pattern is 4x100 ... ori honda rotor is 5x114.3 which would require redrilled to fit into myvi hub .

Many thanks for any input :)
It all depends on how your BBK was installed. Was it installed by just custom fixing the caliper onto the stock Myvi rotors? Or did you swap everything out? If you swapped everything out - you'll need to swap back to a FD2 rotor and custom drill those holes. Or find a 4x100 rotor that has the correct depth and size to pair with your calipers.

WilsonTHarv

Jul 14, 2016
It all depends on how your BBK was installed. Was it installed by just custom fixing the caliper onto the stock Myvi rotors? Or did you swap everything out? If you swapped everything out - you'll need to swap back to a FD2 rotor and custom drill those holes. Or find a 4x100 rotor that has the correct depth and size to pair with your calipers.
It use the caliper & rotor from Honda FD2 .

Custom bracket to extend the mounting hole from the honda caliper to Myvi knuckle .

a FD2 stock rotor would fit but require drilling as stock FD2 hub use 5x114.3 PCD , while Myvi use 4x100 PCD .

Stock Honda FD2 rotor is 282mm , thats the only thing i know , i didnt have the source to compare rotors to find out which rotors from which car have the same dimension as the stock Honda FD2 ones but with 4x100 PCD

I'am trying to avoid having to drill my rotors everytime it need replacement so i posted it here to see if anyone might know whats the rotor & from which car i need to have a fully plug and play setup without the need to drill the rotor ...

Actually i'm not too comfortable in drilling brake rotor also la ... so i'm trying to avoid it if im able to . hehe =p

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
ur outta luck. no choice but have to drill. closest option is a rotor from a mini which is 4x100 but its 280mm if i remember correctly.....and not sure if available in malaysia

u could also get Prelude BB1 or other H22a equipped car rotors which are 282mm and 4x114.3. then drill to 4x100. though need to check the depth of the tophat.... as well as the center bore.....should be the same as honda tends to use same specs/parts for their cars across multiple ranges.

no worries if drilling if done right... i used to have prelude BB1 rotors on my EG hatch redrilled to 4x100 and bring it to track days etc and its fine.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It use the caliper & rotor from Honda FD2 .

Custom bracket to extend the mounting hole from the honda caliper to Myvi knuckle .

a FD2 stock rotor would fit but require drilling as stock FD2 hub use 5x114.3 PCD , while Myvi use 4x100 PCD .

Stock Honda FD2 rotor is 282mm , thats the only thing i know , i didnt have the source to compare rotors to find out which rotors from which car have the same dimension as the stock Honda FD2 ones but with 4x100 PCD

I'am trying to avoid having to drill my rotors everytime it need replacement so i posted it here to see if anyone might know whats the rotor & from which car i need to have a fully plug and play setup without the need to drill the rotor ...

Actually i'm not too comfortable in drilling brake rotor also la ... so i'm trying to avoid it if im able to . hehe =p
Personally, I'd consider redoing your setup if drilling holes is your concern. Fit new Myvi 1.5 rotors, remeasure the caliper distance and redo the caliper bracket to accommodate Myvi 1.5 stock rotors with your FD2 calipers.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In the first place when you did the BBK should have fitted one that does not need re-drilling. Looks like bro. Izso recommendation is better for long term use....

WilsonTHarv

Jul 14, 2016
ur outta luck. no choice but have to drill. closest option is a rotor from a mini which is 4x100 but its 280mm if i remember correctly.....and not sure if available in malaysia

u could also get Prelude BB1 or other H22a equipped car rotors which are 282mm and 4x114.3. then drill to 4x100. though need to check the depth of the tophat.... as well as the center bore.....should be the same as honda tends to use same specs/parts for their cars across multiple ranges.

no worries if drilling if done right... i used to have prelude BB1 rotors on my EG hatch redrilled to 4x100 and bring it to track days etc and its fine.
Yup , according on google search i saw Mini,Accord/Prelude rotor was within specs too ...

Sigh guess there is no way i can get a rotor to plugnplay in my kind of setup .

Thanks for shedding light bro =)

Personally, I'd consider redoing your setup if drilling holes is your concern. Fit new Myvi 1.5 rotors, remeasure the caliper distance and redo the caliper bracket to accommodate Myvi 1.5 stock rotors with your FD2 calipers.
I think Myvi rotor would not work with FD2 caliper even with custom bracket as the brake pad surface is way way bigger that what a Myvi 1.5 rotor had .

In the first place when you did the BBK should have fitted one that does not need re-drilling. Looks like bro. Izso recommendation is better for long term use....
Yup , only way is to get aftermarket BBK designed to fit this car , but back then using setup from FD2/Odyssey is more cost effective ...

Thanks everyone for sharing the info =)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
You’re stuck.

I’m using EK4 262mm rotors and calipers. Means 4x100 and no drilling required.

Drilling rotors weakens the structural integrity. And you shouldn’t fuck with brakes.

Reactions: Izso and vr2turbo

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
@WilsonTHarv Ixeo has provided a possible solution. EK4 262mm rotors. Maybe get that 4x100 rotor and refit the bracket to match
if only rotors change, then not a solution... the calipers TS is using is way bigger than the calipers that ixeo is using. unless TS wanna downgrade.

in my opinion, as the car is just a myvi. no matter how hard you touge, wangan, track etc etc, the brakes are more than sufficient as the car isnt heavy and it doesnt reach speeds that would stress the rotors that much.

should be fine in my view. only thing i would recommend is get the 4 hole version and redrill instead of the 5 hole.

the 282mm 4x114.3 Prelude BB1 calipers+rotors would also be a brake kit i would go for if i were to upgrade the pink myvi.... n yes, i would redrill to 4x100 too.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
282mm won't clear Enkei RPF1 rims. So no thanks.
Redrill dangerous, I scared the discs fail them no brakes touge bye bye down the cliff.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys , recently my Wira car got some engine starting problem , whenever i started the engine , the engine will become weak , and failed to operate , this makes me everytime when starting the car , hv to accel 1st to warm up the engine it just will become stable , can somebody tell me what kind of things is spoil oledi in my car ??

sry for poor english writing !!! :tongue:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience