My DIY Air Intake Prototype

satria_neo

Aug 1, 2011
Singapore
This is my prototype intake made of acrylic.

Purpose of having 2 intake is for safety purpose in case of flooding. The primary intake is located where the fog light is, another is where the stock intake used to be.

Attachments

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
nice... similar concept to the AEM CAI though much differently built. concept same...

u should cover the acrylic with some reflective tape to avoid the acrylic getting hot and melt or something like that

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nicely done! But I suspect the acrylic will need some sort of shielding as it's not going to fare well in the engine bay's heat! Perhaps wrapped in aluminium foil tape and superlon?

Very nice indeed!

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
got a question... wheres ur battery?

satria_neo

Aug 1, 2011
Singapore
Thanks for the advice. I have yet to insulate it because this is just a prototype. Thus I am still not sure if it works well so do not want to do too much work on it.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

got a question... wheres ur battery?
Oh my batt...lol I have relocate it to the trunk. See the red wires?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Nice.

Where did you fabricate it?

how much?
I fabricate it in Singapore cause I live in SG. Not sure for Malaysia though. But any company that does acrylic will be able to do it. It cost me around SGD50, I think MY should be cheaper.

Btw, the air hoses I bought it from autobacs. The aluminium pipe I gotten it from ebay together with the silicone couplers and clamps. Then manually saw it into desired length.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Btw, do not run open pod in the engine bay without any heat shield. My FC drops by almost 1.5KM/L after I install an open pod w/o an air box. Power drops, FC drops also.

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
nice work. thanks for sharing..

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Nice one there..It would be great if you can share the result of it..whether it works well or not. For the melting of acrylic..I believe it would be able to sustain. As far as I could remember, acrylic can withstand a temperature of up to 150C. I had build a small heating chamber using acrylic (for semiconductor purposes) and it worked up to 70C (the outer surface).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, need sifus help on some issue. My friend recently bought a used putra year 97. Me myself is driving a satria gti so i know that both gti and putra share the same engine type 4g93p.
Damn, putra is so much more powerful than gti.

The thing im not sure is that my friends putra, the air hose between the air flow sensor and throttle body been modified with a mini open pod filter(the red thing).My gti the hose is connected back to the engine head. I was just wondering, whether in what...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience