my car overheat, pls help

GreatHunteR

Dec 2, 2003
Hi guys, need some help for my belove car.
Here is the situation, after running for around an hour at the speed of 100kph, my camry(2000) tend to overheat, the temperature meter is not soaring, it keeps at normal temperature, but when i open the hood, water inside the bottle(which is link to the radiator ) is boiling, what is its problem? i have service the radiator at jan 2009, does it need to service so frequently? one thing i forgot to tell, this happen at night. i cant imagine what going to happen if this happen in afternoon.

pls help me guys:bawling:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
do u see oil inside ur radiator?

could be a blown head gasket... but then again ur engine temp never increase?

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
hello... i do have this problem before but not TOYOTA CAMRY but is mitsubishi engine 1.6 manual gear... i also run from kl to pj and back to kl area..... after i rest at my office so i send to car wash at my office area...so after wash and cleaning job i pay and i drove off is about 100
metres my car are over heat i stop and off the engine.. check the raditor and spare tank i found out tat the spare tank is empty..so refill the water and wait the radiator to cool down abit add some more water in the radiator soo ok drove back to home...tommorow check again found tat is empty again.. so add more water ... so drive to my mechanic shop to check ah found the problem is the stopped lacking and abit bocor la... problem solved...

later in 2008 found the problem come back now is god damn is OVERHEAT engine oil and water mix up togerther run together... send to TOP OVERHUAL...

PAL BETTER CHECK....BYE

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

HELLO IS me again now i use aluminum radiator....

so far so good.....

tUrBiKss_pRoToN_vR4

Known Member
Sep 7, 2009
SELANGOR
first u need to check ur temprature sensor..check if its show the right reading or not...
and usually if ur water tendang to spare tank, maybe coz of head problem..hav to skim it..but this just what i think la bro...

GreatHunteR

Dec 2, 2003
Thanks guys for all ur opinion, i have send it to my mechanic, since i hav skim the head once, my mechanic suggest me to change the head, n somemore worse is, the cost of the head is nearly same as engine kosong, this time die kau kau liao.
where can i find the head in this site, how much does it cost, n how bout the engine kosong?
if the engine need to be transplant, what choices do i hav beside the stock engine, i hav been ask my mechanic bout transplanting caldina engine but sadly it can not fit

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
your engine had overheated to the maximum, therefore causes the gasket head to bend.
u need to find another engine kosong, try kedai potong, the faulty water pump caused your
overheating.

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
3s beams engine!!! cos now ur engine is the 5s version... but 3s will be down grade in cc 2.2 to 2.0.... but increse in HP! or u can go to old klang road... many chop shop there, and i was offered one last time for 2500 engine kosong...

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Hi guys, need some help for my belove car.
Here is the situation, after running for around an hour at the speed of 100kph, my camry(2000) tend to overheat, the temperature meter is not soaring, it keeps at normal temperature, but when i open the hood, water inside the bottle(which is link to the radiator ) is boiling, what is its problem? i have service the radiator at jan 2009, does it need to service so frequently? one thing i forgot to tell, this happen at night. i cant imagine what going to happen if this happen in afternoon.

pls help me guys:bawling:
- remove the old water coolant if have any...flush with normal water, then fill it up with RO (Reverse Osmosis) water...
- done that, during cold start open your radiator cap...see if the thermostat working or not...by checking the water movement in the radiator...this also will check if the water pump working or not...
- check your radiator fan...if not mistaken Camry's radiator fan have two speed radiator fan like most do,check it by feel it with your hand the differences of air blown and by hearing...
- i still can rectify which is which ...better she the "doctor" before more severe damage done due to overheat...

all the best...good luck...:driver:

alan_ee90

Known Member
Oct 4, 2009
cheras
ok, here some suggestion:
-check for leaking
-check ur fan speed
-check ur radiator got dirt or dirty jamp inside
-check ur water pump circulation
-check the thermostat
-check the thermo sensor

do you using any coolant?
if u use coolant better use toyota long life coolant, cause that 1 is diff with the cheap 1 its can prevent ur radiator karat....and make the water highier boiling point....
last time my car also like that, after i check actually is the fan speed not high.
the thermo meter keep at normal, and all prob same with u....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys...i currently wan to change my exhaust system...coz i'm driving a wira 1.5 auto den all stock exhaust system except da tabung coz i change dy....but my car is so dam fuel consuming and noisy....i started to get boring and mad about dat sound..btw after modify to da extractor,piping and tabung will it be more fuel consumption???but if i change da extractor and piping but put a quiet or stock tabund behind will it be more bete fuel consumption..need help here..coz very confusing
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience