:: My car has SKIN DISEASE! ::

jonteh

Known Member
Jan 8, 2004
hi guys,

i know tis is not the first time u'll be hearing this prob... :lol:

think my car is reachin its puberty stage (iswara - 11 years) <_< ...'pimples' are popping up on the roof...some are even beginnig to crack and rust :(

how can i cure tis problem? sandpaper it and respray or change the whole roof?!? :blink:

how much will it cost? <_<

THANKS ALOT! :)

SiREX

Jul 22, 2004
Originally posted by jonteh@Jul 28 2004, 10:29 AM
hi guys,

i know tis is not the first time u'll be hearing this prob... :lol:

think my car is reachin its puberty stage (iswara - 11 years) <_< ...'pimples' are popping up on the roof...some are even beginnig to crack and rust :(

how can i cure tis problem? sandpaper it and respray or change the whole roof?!? :blink:

how much will it cost? <_<

THANKS ALOT! :)
same problem with me... better not to sandpaper or put fibre or respray cos the rust will sure come out again in one month time... for the roof last time my friend wira go to sandpaper and resray but the rust appear again... aiyaaa... rugi RM300... only solution is look for better quality of material from japan model roof that can fit, install and re-paint... for the body if got rust, dont just cement and fibre, cut the small rusty section and paste/weld with new metal plate and cement... wait for a while before you re-paint (2-3 weeks) for complete dry... my car they quote RM180 for small section (about the size of computer diskette) of 'kudis' near the petrol cap and mudguard - cut and paste new metal type... just my 2 cents opinion and experience... :)

jonteh

Known Member
Jan 8, 2004
thanks for the info SIREX!

yea...i think itz better to change the whole roof lor...u have any idea how much will it cost ah? get from half cut shop?!?!

IntegRa

Jul 21, 2004
i would say u should hunt for another roof at chop shop...
then go for paint job
sg besi has got plenty of them.

roof = about RM100
paint job = around RM100 (as long as u never got cheated la)

i think get ready with RM300 will be alright...

never waste ur time going for all da sandpaper n repray...U S E L E S S

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
me kena bonnet n roof...but not yet fix...agree...dun sandpaper n paint lar..waste of money..tried asking lots of ppl about it..but most said cannot..

but..one zth member used to say can...he said his machanic can do it..so wait n c lar guys..may b he will drop by n give the contacts..

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
sand it down to base, then apply primer and paint coat all over again. primer should contain rust inhibitant if do not want to apply antirust layer. proton antirust layer warranty 10 years. u are lucky. i had an iswara started rusting in 6 months at the fender.

Broadica

Jul 14, 2004
my car also kena la. cant afford to sent it to car workshop to really redo and repaint. cost too much.

what i wan is to find solution to cease it from getting worst. so far most of it is on bonet. door got 1.

just wan to stop it from getting worst.

damn.. i really cant beleiev proton so sucks. they should hav find ways to solve this issue. this is not the first time they discover such problem.. it existed since the first car ever come out from proton.

they dun even bother to do research on rectofying this problem. i tot my car version dun hav such problem thats why buy this stupid iswara. damn damn

how to support local car maker like tat.. hai..

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
now proton has the ANTI RUST sticker attached to the windscreen of gen 2...hopefully it works ;)

jonteh

Known Member
Jan 8, 2004
hahaha...think the ANTI RUST applies for a certain period of time only la... <_<

yea...think changin the roof is the best solution la :P

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Originally posted by jonteh@Jul 28 2004, 05:14 PM
hahaha...think the ANTI RUST applies for a certain period of time only la... <_<

ahahah..thats what i think too lar.. :lol:

when u finish replacing ur roof tell me about the complete cost lar..want to do mine too...thanks :)

Broadica

Jul 14, 2004
Originally posted by S1997+Jul 29 2004, 12:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S1997 @ Jul 29 2004, 12:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jonteh@Jul 28 2004, 05:14 PM

ahahah..thats what i think too lar.. :lol:

when u finish replacing ur roof tell me about the complete cost lar..want to do mine too...thanks :) [/b][/quote]
i'm interested to know also.

well.. my current roof still look ok. but guess it will poping soon. so be prepare :(

jonteh

Known Member
Jan 8, 2004
well...

i dun think i'll be doing it yet lor...cos i plan to change my gearbox first...from auto to manual :P ...gonna cost me like rm1000+ :wacko: hahaha...

if any of u guys r changing soon...pls keep us updated ok? sharing is caring mah :wub: ...LoL

sparrow18

Nov 22, 2003
Finally a justification for the sunroof lying somewhere in the halfcut shop....
yay....
:P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hI there,

I would like to know it possible for me to use a 1.8 alternator

for my 1.6 satria or i need to buy back the 1.6?

please advice
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience