Mugen gate crashes Atom’s 10 year celebration

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006
[FONT=&quot]

It’s quite an occasion when something that emits pure motoring hits the decade mark, and that’s precisely the case as Ariel’s bare-to-the-bones sports car, the Atom, turns 10. To mark kick start the party, Ariel joined forces with Mugen’s European office to churn out a special edition (read: limited) model of the Atom.

Restricted to a run of just 10 units and set to hit the market in January 2011, the anorexic model will stand out courtesy of the distinct livery and will be signed by the Ariel employee that built the car and the Mugen techie that assembled the engine.

Ariel say the car will be more track-focused, like the base model isn’t already. Power will come from Honda’s K20A lump producing an impressive 270hp, which should satisfy the palates of even the most discerning track day junkies.

“The Type R Honda is the best 2.0-liter normally aspirated engine available. We have put our experience and know how to release even more power from the engine and we’re delighted to see our engine in the Ariel Atom,” said Vice President of Mugen Euro, Hiroki Toyoda.

Until the model is unveiled to the world at next month’s Autosport Show in Birmingham, we’ll just have to make do with a rendering of it.

Source: CarScoop

[/FONT]

Ratbit

Known Member
Feb 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This is not car, it is a Go-Kart with a 2.0lt honda type-r engine bolt on...anyway this thing is awesomely fast....and a wicked machine for drag race... You all can view it via Top Gear in You Tube...

Last edited:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
If its really a "car" , I want to see it on the road ..

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
car can be anywhere. for instance on the racing track, maybe?

i'm pretty sure this is a car. and i think go-kart also a car by definition.

any objection?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all zth member,

need your advice here, is there any method to determine when shall we change the absorber?

Some told me that bring the car to experience absorber "Si Fu", he will know whether the absorber need to change by just press down your car and "feel" the absorber reaction. is that true? :huh:

do we have a more scientific or more accurate method to check on it? some kind of machine to do checking?

And is that any different to do absorber checking from Sport car like supra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience