modyfying Honda civic 92 ESI 4A engine

zacharymah

Known Member
May 18, 2006
Dear bro, Can someone tell me how to modify this engine. it is tough because it is just SOCH Vtec instead of DOHC Vtec. moreover now i'm using singapore plate. what i can think of is to try on Port ad polish,UNIChip or E-manage piggy back,speed meter to check if there is speed cut or not. the rest, i do not know what to do anymore. i just feel that my current engine is so weird because on my 1st gear (auto), it can ram to oly 5500 only then change to second gear and can ram to only 6100++ less than 6500 and follow with 3rd gear also only 6100++ less than 6500 then the fourth gear will not go more than 5000 and the speed only 180++ less than 185kmh unless very very long way then can go to 200++kmh. the Vtec open at 5000 RPM. can somebody advice me?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Dear bro, Can someone tell me how to modify this engine. it is tough because it is just SOCH Vtec instead of DOHC Vtec. moreover now i'm using singapore plate. what i can think of is to try on Port ad polish,UNIChip or E-manage piggy back,speed meter to check if there is speed cut or not. the rest, i do not know what to do anymore. i just feel that my current engine is so weird because on my 1st gear (auto), it can ram to oly 5500 only then change to second gear and can ram to only 6100++ less than 6500 and follow with 3rd gear also only 6100++ less than 6500 then the fourth gear will not go more than 5000 and the speed only 180++ less than 185kmh unless very very long way then can go to 200++kmh. the Vtec open at 5000 RPM. can somebody advice me?
thought civic only use D series for its SOHC engines? :hmmmm:

consider turbocharging it? heard lotsa ppl are successful at it since they say D series are quite robust

p/s: i'm not a honda user btw..

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
your best option is to boost this plant...if you are seeking for power.
You can do the standard mods...Your engine should be the D15b..like Papagoines mentioned.not sure where 4a came from..
4-2-1 extractor
1.8" or 1.9" exhaust i think should be ok.
lighten crank pulley
lighten flywheel.
K&N drop in filter
Port and polish your head.
Get p29 pistons.up your compression.(if you dont wanna go for turbo)

What is your budget? what you expect from the car? you plan to stay on auto..so you need to give more info on what your target is...if not nobody can help you.
About your engine not being able to rev..honestly im not sure..a healthy d15 should be able to reach 7200rpm with no problems...

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
your best option is to boost this plant...if you are seeking for power.
You can do the standard mods...Your engine should be the D15b..like Papagoines mentioned.not sure where 4a came from..
4-2-1 extractor
1.8" or 1.9" exhaust i think should be ok.
lighten crank pulley
lighten flywheel.
K&N drop in filter
Port and polish your head.
Get p29 pistons.up your compression.(if you dont wanna go for turbo)

What is your budget? what you expect from the car? you plan to stay on auto..so you need to give more info on what your target is...if not nobody can help you.
About your engine not being able to rev..honestly im not sure..a healthy d15 should be able to reach 7200rpm with no problems...
shud've let u answer first.... it takes a honda user to answer it well

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus, could anyone recommend me a workshop that does reboring? I'm thinking of reboring my 4B10 from 86mm -> 88mm (in the 4B12)

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience