MIVEC Forged pistons

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
Hi to all..anyone had use before? what is the durability compare to original...any experience is welcome..

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
it's better then oem piston bro.much more durable compare to cast piston.
the set back in this case is the price.if the price is the same as the oem,
everbody would use it.:).just my 2 cent.

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
thanks for the info man...it's strange that my mech told me its not durable

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
u can try n ask ur mech to surf those famous piston maker website like JE or
EAGLE.they will explain why those forged piston r better.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
yes forge piston tahan lasat!

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
yup....like "nippon weatherbond".come rain,come shine....hehehe
it is designed for outdoor use one. dont worry got warranty 10 yrs!
got weather shield to protect the piston inside ur block. in case ur block got thunder(knocking) the piston still ok one.

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
icic...i ask my mech again today and told him that ppl in the forum and the websites says its durable, he nod and say yes, good for higher compression and excellent in race track , but not for a long term daily use, he then told me that high performance engine only use in one race, like performance tyre, can u use it daily? then i noded, so here i am posting it again, anyhow my 4G92 MIVEC stock just clock 214,889km today and still running, can the forged piston do the same? do share thanks

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Forging requires man power that is why its expensive.. but its certainly can more punishment than the cast pistons.. Ask anyone who drives a turbo charge.. if they are going to up the boost by a fair bit.. they would need it.. About performance tyres use to compare with piston.. now that is actually abit ridiculous.. If you compare one track outing and lets say normal use.. its possible that one track outing is as good as driving on the road for about 1 over year.. because the damage you do the engine is far more stressful .. think about that yourself.. you actually decrease the life span significantly on the track.. more over its not every race that these car's change engines..

Another question if your current pistons are okay.. why would you want to change?

Last edited:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
dino is correct bro.i never heard ppl comparing piston with tyre before.this
is the first time.hehehe....piston=durability.tyre=grip.:)

starscream

Known Member
Aug 18, 2007
Forging requires man power that is why its expensive.. but its certainly can more punishment than the cast pistons.. Ask anyone who drives a turbo charge.. if they are going to up the boost by a fair bit.. they would need it.. About performance tyres use to compare with piston.. now that is actually abit ridiculous.. If you compare one track outing and lets say normal use.. its possible that one track outing is as good as driving on the road for about 1 over year.. because the damage you do the engine is far more stressful .. think about that yourself.. you actually decrease the life span significantly on the track.. more over its not every race that these car's change engines..

Another question if your current pistons are okay.. why would you want to change?
Thanks for your effort to explain, actually i really agree with your ideas and GT autos point of view, but as since the mech who is doing my car advice me that forged pistons are not suitable for long term daily driving, i got confused and seek more knowledge here, i guess comparing the tyre's s the mechs speech of words, i guess what he is trying to say is its not feasible to use a full slick tyres on normal road. moreover i don't see a point for him lie to me since he make money from my mods. That is why im confused now. The reason of intrest for me to change is i would like to increase torque & hp the safe & reliable way. Turbo charging or high cams for my 4G92 is really damaging as it needs constant maintenance and high in fc. So have you personnally used forged pistons Dino?

Howstuffworks "Other Horsepower Increasing Methods"
Make everything lighter - Lightweight parts help the engine perform better. Each time a piston changes direction it uses up energy to stop the travel in one direction and start it in another. The lighter the piston, the less energy it takes. Lighter parts also allow the engine to rev faster, giving it more horsepower

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
I haven't use forged but I worked in Links last time, during my holiday summer break for the fun of it. So I can say i had my fair share of experience playing with forge piston. Anyways its lighter more durable, so if you have the money go ahead, and Hi Cams isn't really that damaging or hard to maintain once you get it properly done.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
comparing tyre with piston. weird. good tyre use once only in track and the thread also all wear out after the track running.
so the if want to compare the gd tyre with forge piston means that the forge piston will wear out after 1 track running? haha....

forge piston is like weathershild paint. normal piston is like the interior paint. what will happen when u put interior paint on outdoor? should comparing cast piston vs forge piston to weathershield paint and interior paint. haha....

from my experience, each mech will tell u sth different. u can ask another mech what is their opinion for forge piston vs cast piston.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I owned a 2008 Mercedes Benz CLS 350 and have been driving it for almost 8 years now....There weren't any problems with the engine or car all this years and also accident-free...The car have been great & the performance never let me down...However, over the last 3 years....My CLS's engine sound became really loud....Especially during idol or gear on 'P'....The engine sound is really loud and can be heard especially from inside the car.....No power loss at all but just that the loud engine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience