Mitsubishi 2.0 GT or Honda Civic 2.0 ???

chimaera

Hi i would like to buy a car recently i had do some comparison between mitsubishi lancer Gt and honda civic 2.0 . I had tried the honda civic 1.8 since the sales man told me only civic 1.8 is available for testing. and i tried it feel good too for 1.8 just wonder how the feeling for 2.0 ahah .. but too bad honda didnt let folks to test the 2.0 civic... then i go to mitsubishi showroom then WTF........ the sales person told me mitsubishi now allow ppl to test drive :( it totally turn me to bad mood liau... sigh just wonder 100k +++++ car not allow to test ... but i tried to feel the interior and scan the exterior it feel good too.. but just wonder how much the different in term of performance of both civic and lancer gt.. if anyone had the experience mind to share with us.. hehe.. ur review is kindly appreciated..

civic 2.0 engine more responsive than de lancer gt. civic more pick up n u can feel de car pulling u.. lolx.. lancer car quite heavy.. civic lighter.. lancer more fuel than civic.. n de lancer gearbox ucan feel de gear changing.. trust me by bro is using.. im using de 2.0 civic.. n most of all honda got better resale value than mitsubishi... lolx...

p/m= bro if u wanna buy de civc 2.0.. just wait for de facelift version..

from what i see & saw.honda have huge market here.well u can see at their original country (japan of course) and europe market they cannot compete with mitsu.
well from what i heard from my brother which currently live at europe.say that honda got a very small market.only at asia honda can dominate the automobile market.
i agree that honda more value than mitsu.but the performance i strongly believe mitsu got the advantage.u can see.....
have a good pick bro!:driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver::driver:

yeah thanks for the info bro.... i will put tht under my consideration list eheh..... then since lancer got bigger fuel tank is that means lancer fuel consumption is higher than civic??? roughtly how much km can go for civic 2.0 and lancer gt..???? any details about this.... now i know why mitsubishi don let ppl test drive the lancer gt :biggrin:

for me lancer gt look sporty and civic look handsome. you like evo ten or type R look, coz can add body kit :driver:

civic 2.0 engine more responsive than de lancer gt. civic more pick up n u can feel de car pulling u.. lolx.. lancer car quite heavy.. civic lighter.. lancer more fuel than civic.. n de lancer gearbox ucan feel de gear changing.. trust me by bro is using.. im using de 2.0 civic.. n most of all honda got better resale value than mitsubishi... lolx...

p/m= bro if u wanna buy de civc 2.0.. just wait for de facelift version..

The automatic lancer doesn't have gear's actually...

my mum own's a 2.0 civic. I have the 5spd manual, so power wise, I wouldn't really know, as the auto version for the Lancer is slow as hell compared to the civic.

handling the lancer is way better hands down. feels more responsive and enjoyable to drive.

fuel consumption wise, i would say they are both nearly the same if you drive them at normal rpms

Last edited:
before have a lancer... my first choice is civic 2.0........ after have lancer .... i bought it without any question ...... very simple...... it look sporty ...... i like it ...... jus feel....... i dun care about second value ..... power.... ..... becouse....... i know i like it much than civic....... less power???...... can make it more........ no s/value..... nevermind .... i not not use.... it in my whole life........ cheers bro.......

visit us at lancergtclub.com for more inside and input. But i may have to warn u, u'll likely to find very little problem with the car as opposed to those nitty gritty continuous prob faced by 8th Gen Civic.

cheers!

Last edited:
bro, if u need a racing type with gear change F1 style plus fully imported car then choose Lancer GT. But if u prefer a nicely family car but at ease performance, then choose the civic. My self is a performance addict..so i choose Lancer GT:driver:

I would definately get a honda civic if i were you. Lancer GT is bad looking especially from the rear view so call uncle type look. The civic looks much more better externally n internally,Vtec with digital speedometer,with futuristic steering wheel. man i should say you are making a big life time mistake if you buy Lancer GT!!!

Bump: civic can be upgraded to civic type-R bodykit or mugen bodykit with less costs,much more handsome than lancer 'revolution'.

Bump: civic can be upgraded to civic type-R bodykit or mugen bodykit with less costs,much more handsome than lancer 'revolution'.

Hmm..I am not sure if this is alright to be posted here. But I am desperate for you guys expert opinion. Let's say I have Rm120K... should i get an recond airtrek turbo 2003 or a brand new lancer 2.0GT 2007? What you guys think? recond or brand new? any other suggestions are welcome..thanks...

lol,i dun feel lo,honda cornering like shit,fucking buang,mitsubishi so nice lo,nice handling,cornering,summore MIVEC engine,n look so so sporty,honda civic 2.0 look segi empat only,no wide from fender ~.~ sienzz

Hmm..I am not sure if this is alright to be posted here. But I am desperate for you guys expert opinion. Let's say I have Rm120K... should i get an recond airtrek turbo 2003 or a brand new lancer 2.0GT 2007? What you guys think? recond or brand new? any other suggestions are welcome..thanks...
Say bro, are you a family man? If yes, I suggest it is better for you to take Toyota Caldina or Wish or a Honda Stream.
But, if you are still a bachelor and love high power machine. It's better be a Mitsubishi Lancer GT.

I feel it's really up to you.
What are you looking for?
Airtrek Turbo engine is based on Evo 7, stock already 240hp. Easily 300+ with some mods but FC is terrible (6-8km/l) & it's old so be prepare to fork out some $$$ for maintenance. Interior not my cup of tea but you may like it.
Lancer GT is good looking, got peddle shift if not mistaken. Decent engine for 2l NA. FC around 10-12km/l & can be made to look like evo X.
Space wise not much diff between the 2.

Depends on what you want bro ...

I test drove both ... but honda is the 1.8 ver.

To me both looks nice ... but i do feel that the Lancer is more responsive than the Civic ...as I went back and test drove my fren 2.0 Civic (both tested with paddleshift)

But it would definitely depends on what you want out of the car actually ...

Show a garang Lancer GT
lancerback.jpg

lancerfront.jpg

Anyone show some handsome Civic also :biggrin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom