Nov 22, 2003
On the AiR
Visit site
better in what?

when u talk about cams...
my definition of better has many things to consider
1. power output i.e deg/lift/duration
2. fuel consumption friendly
3. reliability i.e cams itself(billet withstands super abuse)
4. driveability i.e powerband
5. $$$$

so basically there are lots of things to consider rather than just ask which toothpaste is better i.e colgate or darlie

just my 2 cents

moe6

Known Member
Mar 1, 2005
PJ
Visit site
Company with MANY problems (I worked with them for the Gen.2 MME race car) that I won't say directly what are out of courtesy and the fact that despite all their failings still have good people linked to them, or previously working with them.

vs

Company that's a regular advertiser in multiple magazines including hypertune, has had their cars featured in magazines etc etc etc.

you decide.

MiOKu

Known Member
Oct 27, 2005
hmmm.. i think original one better.. hahaha... but i heard powerzone one is better... tis is wat i heard... the choice is up to u... or maybe sony handycam like wat ashween said... haha....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
I'd rather invest more and import a set of RPW cams coz' their lift is higher... matspeed and powerzone's cams are just reprofiled cams... that utilize back your original cams... so u won't get any higher lift from that... what they normally do however is grind ur cams, and then later adjust the valves nearer... so its like as though its lift is higher. =Þ

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
but buying a set of RPW cams can buy few sets of powerzone/matspeed cams.
3k+ VS 1k+

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
xcheong, trust me, even if u buy few sets of powerzone/matspeed cams, u can never beat the performance of RPW. i have used powerzone n RPW cams (but not on 4G93). compared with RPW, powerzone feels dead... RPW really makes the engine "alive".

rodeeoo

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
alvin24 said:
I'd rather invest more and import a set of RPW cams coz' their lift is higher... matspeed and powerzone's cams are just reprofiled cams... that utilize back your original cams... so u won't get any higher lift from that... what they normally do however is grind ur cams, and then later adjust the valves nearer... so its like as though its lift is higher. =Þ

Thats the biggest BS I ever heard, reprofiled cams cannot be profiled to get higher lift!
:emoticon_U:

If its true, MATSPEED and POWERZONE reps please clarify.

V8_nutter

500 RPM
Aug 5, 2004
rodeeoo said:
Thats the biggest BS I ever heard, reprofiled cams cannot be profiled to get higher lift!
:emoticon_U:

If its true, MATSPEED and POWERZONE reps please clarify.
Im not from matspeed or powerzone,,you can get more lift for reprofiled cams by adding washer to the shim or make adjustment to the tappet:shades_smile: .

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
rodeeoo,
I believe we've already explained to you the difference before in prohatch forums... still trying to be in denial ar??
Reprofiled cams will never be able to match up the performance of proper aftermarket manufactured cams.

Like what I did mention in my reply... and mentioned again by V8_nutter, reprofiled cams get its lift from playing about the valve's seating, adding washers whut so ever just so that the valves can properly REACH the now regrinded cams... not exactly a very highly recommended thing to do. I'd rather spend a lil' more and get proper high cams with properly tuned uprated valve springs to go along with it.

xcheong,
matspeed/powerzone cams are around 1.8k liddat lerz... RPW if not mistaken around 3.2k liddat oni lerz... so let's say around 1-1.5k difference... if you wanna get high cams, chances are you're gonna need to spend a large sum anywayz... having to get adjustable pulleys, uprated valve springs and an engine management to fully utilize the high cam's potential... 1-1.5k diff might not seem like much.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

My gf is driving a 1989 Proton Saga 1.5 with magma engine. recently we wanted to paint the car, so myself with my manly feeling brought the car and did some modification. below listed is what i have added to the car.

1.> K&N Style air intake
2.> This fuel thing that looks like this <<||||||>> which i bought at brothers that cost RM 58 which is suppose to save fuel. I think it is called a fuel/air compressor.
3.> Bosch Super 4 spark plugs
4.> complete Race exhaust system.

the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience