loops on springs

alantan

3,000 RPM
just one quick question~

i have 2 sprt spring with me now

one spring has 6 loops while the other set of srpings i have has 8 loops.

what is the different?

i presume the loop you refer is the "circle" ?? how about the height of both spring ?

it's about the same though~

the one with 6 loops has thicker diameter while the one with 8 loops has smaller diameter~

faint

hmmm~...

you sure bout it~

actually more loops or less loops..what is the diff?

simple way, try pressing on it...

if according to my layman's theory, 8loops should be stiffer.... or else, it will experience bottoming where ur springs can be fully compressed easily....

6 loop will have more empty space in between, which serves for more compression compare to 8loops...

all the above is only applicable given that it uses the same material and dimension of both spring...

simple way, try pressing on it...

if according to my layman's theory, 8loops should be stiffer.... or else, it will experience bottoming where ur springs can be fully compressed easily....

6 loop will have more empty space in between, which serves for more compression compare to 8loops...

all the above is only applicable given that it uses the same material and dimension of both spring...

agreed.. btw the thicker shall be stiffer, if the coils hv same thick but different loops, less loop give more comfort drive (more space to play down)... height will also be different a bit...