Looking For Suitable Runway/Drag Strip - Good Enough for 5 Cars or More

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
It's used heavily for drag events apparently since it's not a legal landing strip.

Stupidcar : You forget... we have to drive to Perak la. Won't have full tanks.
Go there pump la!

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Izso, sorry if my question has been answered before....is this drag going to be all stock car or stock mix modded because if mix then the result don't show anything right? and how to keep the timing ah? those shows one I see they use race logic stuff...
All stock. Our 5 cars are stock. With similar power.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Izso, sorry if my question has been answered before....is this drag going to be all stock car or stock mix modded because if mix then the result don't show anything right? and how to keep the timing ah? those shows one I see they use race logic stuff...
If only I have a CR-Z. Will consider as stock also even with battery power :laugh:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
forgive my ignorance, is there an air strip @ LCCT, coz they r going to be closed down sumtime soon.
I thought of that one too but I forgot whether it has already been closed down or not. If is LCCT then better. Nearer for us.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
in the news it's going to be fully closed down in May coz everything going to shift to KLIA2
Then how do we rent the airstrip? If it is officially close, we can trespass also. Sure kena jail later :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
It's just gonna be a "World's slowest drag race between 5 slow cars" parody. Nothing too serious. We're gonna video the whole thing so that'll have some serious gear. But the start and finish will be cones and timing stop watch or phone GPS.

I can't afford Racelogic btw. If I could I'd have a lot of those at home.

All stock. Our 5 cars are stock. With similar power.
Similar? Sure boh? That Kancil similar to your rocket? And if a certain someone brings his VR then it's unfair advantage already. Cvkit has power to weight advantage.

Hell it's gonna be awesome. Hehehehehe

Ulu Bernam there is it? When is the date?
No dates until the owner of the strip responds.

in the news it's going to be fully closed down in May coz everything going to shift to KLIA2
Oh really? I just read that Airasia has no plans to move away from LCCT.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Izso:

U called him and he still no responds? :banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think May 9 or something, but Air Asia says they will shift only when KLIA2 is completed with everything running in order....:confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think May 9 or something, but Air Asia says they will shift only when KLIA2 is completed with everything running in order....:confused:
Just hope after they close it they won't demolished the area. Leave it abandon for us or hope the government would keep their promise and make it into official drag strip area.

No no.. messaged him (SMS)

Oh ya ka.. well... I wouldn't know how much rental of a runway will cost.
I mean if the airstrip is no longer using, hope he could actually be nice enough to let us use it.
Is not that is gonna be damage or anything though.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I mean if the airstrip is no longer using, hope he could actually be nice enough to let us use it.
Is not that is gonna be damage or anything though.
Well, Airport is run by MAB. You know why even the duty free shop in KLIA is expensive because the rental is very high. My company had a quote from them before for some advertising signs in the airport. The sign is smaller and cost very much more then any outdoor sign advertisement, so you think you can get free and even a cheap rental of the runway???:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Well, Airport is run by MAB. You know why even the duty free shop in KLIA is expensive because the rental is very high. My company had a quote from them before for some advertising signs in the airport. The sign is smaller and cost very much more then any outdoor sign advertisement, so you think you can get free and even a cheap rental of the runway???:banghead:
Not as costly as Sepang will do for us :adore:

Unless rent military air strip. Free drag race show for them :biggrin: