Looking for body car painting

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Rust is inevitable to a car, over time. It will rust somehow, somewhere, sometime no matter how we prevent.

I have a fren, who take rust on his car so very lightly.
Whenever I question him about potential rust from dents, scraping, he just say "Aiya, don't look at the rust. So, no worry lor"

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Yeah bro...n it's just too bad u x see rust until d signs 'pop up'..unless of coz ur willing to spend a lot of money d 1st time (sandblast)...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yeah, true.

The devoted petrolheads will spend money to treat rust, no matter how difficult or expensive. They give the best possible treatment for their car. Without question.

However, these days, the new generation dont seem to be interested with cars. They see cars are mode of transportation for convenience. And very much contented playing their electronic gadgets..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah, true.

The devoted petrolheads will spend money to treat rust, no matter how difficult or expensive. They give the best possible treatment for their car. Without question.

However, these days, the new generation dont seem to be interested with cars. They see cars are mode of transportation for convenience. And very much contented playing their electronic gadgets..
Nowadays most just change car loh......hahhahahha:rofl:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
If on skin like fenders, door, boot and bonnet can still change but on main frame, roof, floor board, main body etc... then gone loh.... :rolleyes:
huhu i takut round the quarter panels ade rust.... there are some 'stuff' showing up there... very strange location though.... might not be rust though, looks very odd for rust, looked like the prep or paint job gone bad after many years.... regardless.... must get it done properly... :vollkommenauf:

seems like i should pay faidik here a visit soon... just to be safe...

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Depends on area as well, if you lived nearby to sea. Metal will succumb to rust due to salt.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
huhu i takut round the quarter panels ade rust.... there are some 'stuff' showing up there... very strange location though.... might not be rust though, looks very odd for rust, looked like the prep or paint job gone bad after many years.... regardless.... must get it done properly... :vollkommenauf:

seems like i should pay faidik here a visit soon... just to be safe...
X problem bro..anyone..anytime..most welcome

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If on skin like fenders, door, boot and bonnet can still change but on main frame, roof, floor board, main body etc... then gone loh.... :rolleyes:
if the car is special or unique, then it is worth saving with some money in hand. Some super dedicated ppl at overseas could fix even there rusted chassis, while fabricated some car panels in their home garage.

I really respect such people....

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
if the car is special or unique, then it is worth saving with some money in hand. Some super dedicated ppl at overseas could fix even there rusted chassis, while fabricated some car panels in their home garage.

I really respect such people....
yeah.... some cars are just 'special' maybe special in general, or special just to one's self :love:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Not need sea side, work in Port Klang, high tide habis......:smokin:
Here x need live near beach ke apa ke:biggrin:...here u can see a trend...rust old buckets r usually that...OLD..'newer' cars u get it in earlier protons particularly..n most of us/them live in towns..so y is it happening?well for older cars it's simply wear n tear throughout d years n years of weather abuse but what about these 'newer' ones??imho it's simply a 'tak apa la they won't know la we use good or low quality' attitude wiz 'they' meaning consumers...pls correct me if I'm wrong..:proud:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Hehehehe, painting job and slowly becoming rust issues discussion.

I think most rust problem start when the car's seals, gasket, rubber becoming hardened, cracked or brittle. Then water goes in, trapped in the crevices, for some time and woila.....little rust forms, then junior rust, papa rust and becoming monster rust....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It appears that Lamborghini have filed a claim with the trademark office for the name ‘Aventador,’ leading to the mandatory speculation that it could be the name for the Murcielago’s replacement.

A select group of customers were treated to a preview of the new raging bull at Sant’Agata recently and word is that the Lamborghini Aventador...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience