Lexus unveils new driving simulator in the pursuit of perfection

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Remember the days when carmakers would run driving simulations on computers hoping to roughly predict a car’s reactions in tense situations.

Well those days have long been shutdown as nowadays, everybody could do something like that on their own private computer. So obviously, driving simulators have soon taken over the role of crash simulators in order to better predict the outcome of a crash or emergency avoidance maneuver. Some of these driving simulators pack more computing power than a Saturn V rocket aimed at the moon.

Lexus have jumped on the driving simulator bandwagon with its crash avoidance simulator. A real Lexus LS460, albeit bolted to the ground, is placed inside the metal bulb with a 360-degree view of a driving environment. Lexus have touted it as their next big thing, we’ll just wait and see how it goes.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-hNFP7P6060?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

Source: Autoblog

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Some useless facts....

The Saturn V rocket had the computing power equivalent to the 1st gen nintendo gameboy. not a really good comparison...:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone happen to have the proper wiring diagrams for a 96/97 Putra? And also a diagram including the junction block for Evo3? I've got the e-manuals for a 93-96 mirage and Evo 1-3, but the Mirage one shows a different junction block, and the Evo one doesn't show any junction block diagram.

That's the main one I'm searching for right now, but if you know anyone who could advice me on this it would also be great.

I've heard that I have to reuse the Proton junction block by swapping Evo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience