Lexus IS250 vs Mercedes C200K

Luxurycarlover

May 10, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

Please help me decide between 2009 Mercedes c200k and Lexus IS250. Both unreg, recon.

Mercedes has more brand power in Malaysia ( people think its more prestigious)
Road tax is cheaper
Better fuel consumption
Relatively better resale value
Low reliability for a4 yrs old car
Bland interior

Lexus
More reliable
Smooth V6
High fuel consumption
Excellent interior
Great features
Reliability

Price is almost the same and rear leg room isnt a big issue for me.

Any sifu who are long term owner of IS can help?

Thanks

cRazYee

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
i not sure if benz has better resell value in long run

my survey tells me, lexus is better one

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Seems like the comparison didnt consider the driving experience....
How come?

Go test driving both cars personally and then decide....unless the you have a hired-driver

Luxurycarlover

May 10, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Not really worried about the resale value.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Im not really worried about the resale value

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

True that...

But come on who hires a driver for such tiny cars :)

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Ive not found any at fb

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Hi TS, coming from personal experience;

Came back to malaysia earlier this year and upgraded from a Camry to a '09 C200K. What I can personally tell you is that its a very good car, not the best, but very good. My dad owns a Lexus ES250, so although its not the same model as the one you're looking at, it does give me some insight into the brand.

1. Power; Personally this all depends on what you consider is enough. In example, some people think the 160hp from a Camry is fast, others dont. Me personally I find the stock 180hp from the C200 more than enough to get you from A to B. I'm unsure of how much power the lexus model you're considering is making but i imagine it cant be that much different.

2. Interior; Admittedly Mercedes arent the best at interior design (excluding the A250 ofcourse), and i do give props to Lexus for making an attractive and intuitive interior design. The C200 isnt a bad place to be in, but having owned it for about 3 months, I do miss the colour combination from the Camry (Brown and Grey)

3. Brand Image; At the end of the day, it doesnt matter how good a car is, its all about how you feel driving it or being seen driving it. In example, Hyundai could make a car that outwits the Mercedes on every angle but I still wouldn't drive it. Its all about preference. Me personally I dont mind either one but leaning more towards to Mercedes.

So i guess the question arises as to which one you WANT and not the one that makes more sense on paper. Hope it helps

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guyz, anyone using these? im going to re-valve my shocks but i dunno where the RG official workshop is......or their contact

any clue? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience