what does lambda tells???
pls help..........
tq

ping5828

Known Member
Jul 13, 2005
Miri,Malaysia
lambda also known as O2(oxygen) sensor.
It senses the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gases and send signal to ECU for proper air fuel mixture.

bbb7

May 5, 2006
if lambda is O2 sensor, why dyno result show the lambda value 0.7???
what does this 0.7 tells????

vantageX

Known Member
Apr 29, 2006
Lambda sensor: exhaust gas oxygen sensor, O2 sensor, lambda probe and so on...

A lambda sensor is attached to the exhaust manifold of an engine and as said above senses the amount of oxygen in the exhaust gases and sends this information to the ECU to determine if the engine is running at the correct stoichiometric point (14.7:1 = air:fuel).

I'm not really sure what your dyno is showing you with a lambda value of 0.7 but I'm guessing its the voltage that the lambda sensor is putting out. Normally a voltage of 0.45V shows a good running engine whereas 0.7 would mean your engine's running rich. Lower than 0.45 would mean lean naturally.

I'm sure someone will step up to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

bob6900

3,000 RPM
Jan 13, 2006
erm.... me oso blur... dunno wuts lambda..
any other sifu wanna give a try?

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Lambda sensor is the same as O2 sensor.. it just sense the A/F ratio to see if u are running rich or lean.. and adjust accordingly... Normally in a normal ECU.. which is a close loop system.. the sensor is constantly giving feedback to the ecu to tell how much fuel is being actually burn and how much petrol is actually wasted ... from there the ecu would change the amount of fuel injected into the engine if there is too much or too little...

But for an open loop system like a car with a piggyback.. normally the lamda in the car doesn't really play much a part.. maybe for cold starting n stuff.. but during high reving.. the sensor doesn't send any feedback back to the ECU this is because we override everything manually at specific loading

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Do you guys know any good experience foreman that know how to do all the setup on adjustable suspension and arm. Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience