L2s into 850Block

weiwei1234

Jan 2, 2011
Johor
Hi all shifu here , currently driving on 850 manual kancil , going to start project on dropping L2s into my current 850block , as i think dun waste it ? . This is the problem i couldn't understand is that we all know that l2s uses 660 block which can fit nicely into 660block kancil , but putting in 850block , the piston and alot of thing need to be change ??

so 660piston for L2s is 68mm , what about 850 block ? . so i need to rebore to 68mm to fit l2s? (850 block 66.6mm)

And hear that using 850gear box for normal L2s cant pick up the speed , unless big changes is modi and to use 850gear box ..

All the shifu can share some of your precious comment and teach me what to do ? heheh ... thank you all sincerely ..:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
There dis guy called flamefox850 here in zth and also kcarlife.com

very successful in converting his 660t to 882t..... he got this very informative site hosted in Geocities.com ((http://www.geocities.com/flamefox850/index.htm) but since it shut down so does his site...

currently very active in kcarlife.com as an administrator... and switch interest to SQ ICE....

you can try pm him here or over at kcarlife.com...

in the mean time, you can enjoy his video @ YouTube - flamefox850's Channel

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

forgot to add dis

Conversion:
EF12 valve turbo TRX-X EFI head onto ED850 cc block.

Benefits:
Replaces 6 valve SOHC head and carb with single cam 12 valve multi-point EFI and RHB31 turbo.

Mods Required:
To place the hi-po head onto the 'big block', an L80 660cc head gasket is needed. Also, an 850 belt is necessary as the 850 has a slightly taller block. (Belt part no 1351487211, gasket no 1111587211).

All bolts and galleries line up. The naturally aspirated 660's CR is 10:1, while the 850 has a slightly lower compression ratio. An oil return line from the turbo is required to be tapped into the top of the sump.

For best results, an aftermarket engine management system will be needed. But since overall this is such a cheap conversion, perhaps the stock (import-only) Mira TR-XX computer that came with the 12 valve turbo could be adapted to suit.
taken from articleHead Start - Japanese engine head swaps from autospeed portal

p/s: 850cc/1000cc blocks are always been a first choice for L2/L2S owner gunning for hi power :adore:

weiwei1234

Jan 2, 2011
Johor
thank you shifu for giving such a nice info , really nice (Y) .. but need more detail regrading the transplant , about the piston mm and so on ya .. hehe thanks .. will try to find flamefox850 :D . good luck to u cheers!

There dis guy called flamefox850 here in zth and also kcarlife.com

very successful in converting his 660t to 882t..... he got this very informative site hosted in Geocities.com ((http://www.geocities.com/flamefox850/index.htm) but since it shut down so does his site...

currently very active in kcarlife.com as an administrator... and switch interest to SQ ICE....

you can try pm him here or over at kcarlife.com...

in the mean time, you can enjoy his video @ YouTube - flamefox850's Channel

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

forgot to add dis

taken from articleHead Start - Japanese engine head swaps from autospeed portal

p/s: 850cc/1000cc blocks are always been a first choice for L2/L2S owner gunning for hi power :adore:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
me no sifu... just sharing what I know... I think flamefox850 is more active at kcarlife.com than here since he's a moderator there...

at first I hooked up with him, because I need to know how to swap head for my ED-DE (850cc twin cam)... but later choose L5 660cc 4cylinder hehe... because realised that I dun need that kind of power

thank you shifu for giving such a nice info , really nice (Y) .. but need more detail regrading the transplant , about the piston mm and so on ya .. hehe thanks .. will try to find flamefox850 :D . good luck to u cheers!

weiwei1234

Jan 2, 2011
Johor
that forum all speak malay which i dun understand anything lOlx .. just pmed him at there .. haha . where u live shifu ? :driver::driver:

ur 850 was twin cam ?? .. i'm not sure whether i am single or twin cam :(

me no sifu... just sharing what I know... I think flamefox850 is more active at kcarlife.com than here since he's a moderator there...

at first I hooked up with him, because I need to know how to swap head for my ED-DE (850cc twin cam)... but later choose L5 660cc 4cylinder hehe... because realised that I dun need that kind of power

Last edited:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
my kancil is 2003 model aka the 1st model round-eyes kancil... and its auto box... it equipped with fuel-injected twin cam 850cc (codename ED-DE)... basically its the same as kelisa 850cc engine but with a 3speed auto box...

...If i was to do the head swap as yours... most will suggest to me to get the twin cam version from daihatsu mira L7 (same body as kelisa)....

since the swap is a bit too extreme for me... I opted for the JB-JL from Mira L502 instead... just swap in and enjoy its stock performance which more than enuff for me hehe

yours is using carburetor rite? if so then it's codenamed ED-10 which is single cam...so it theoratically the same as L2/L2S

If memory serve me right.. there's one sifu called syeni69 here in zth.... you might want to pm him oso

I live in ampang btw
that forum all speak malay which i dun understand anything lOlx .. just pmed him at there .. haha . where u live shifu ? :driver::driver:

ur 850 was twin cam ?? .. i'm not sure whether i am single or twin cam :(

weiwei1234

Jan 2, 2011
Johor
oic .. thanks .. u r so far .. haha .. saw a post from pharin about 850 and 660 the oil jet , there's no oil jet in 850 , not sure also hahha ~

my kancil is 2003 model aka the 1st model round-eyes kancil... and its auto box... it equipped with fuel-injected twin cam 850cc (codename ED-DE)... basically its the same as kelisa 850cc engine but with a 3speed auto box...

...If i was to do the head swap as yours... most will suggest to me to get the twin cam version from daihatsu mira L7 (same body as kelisa)....

since the swap is a bit too extreme for me... I opted for the JB-JL from Mira L502 instead... just swap in and enjoy its stock performance which more than enuff for me hehe

yours is using carburetor rite? if so then it's codenamed ED-10 which is single cam...so it theoratically the same as L2/L2S

If memory serve me right.. there's one sifu called syeni69 here in zth.... you might want to pm him oso

I live in ampang btw

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
oic .. thanks .. u r so far .. haha .. saw a post from pharin about 850 and 660 the oil jet , there's no oil jet in 850 , not sure also hahha ~
OMG! forgot abt pharin... he's an otai oso

yup... you need the oil jet installed.... none in 850cc block

weiwei1234

Jan 2, 2011
Johor
OMG! forgot abt pharin... he's an otai oso

yup... you need the oil jet installed.... none in 850cc block

how to install oil jet inside 850cc block , as 850cc block is 66.6mm , 660cc block is 68mm , after rebore to 68mm need to drill hole ??

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
how to install oil jet inside 850cc block , as 850cc block is 66.6mm , 660cc block is 68mm , after rebore to 68mm need to drill hole ??
haha... i dunno abt dat...... normally i just refer to flamefox850's site but now it's down :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.

Im looking at Clifford, Viper and Commando.
Most important feature for me is 2-way, shock sensor and starter kill.
I dont need remote start since its merely a luxury but not a necessity though the brands above carry this feature.

What d'ya think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience