JPJ - Auction My Car

Feb 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've got scammed by JPJ.

My Kelisa was pulled (SITA) by JPJ Klang for no road tax Under some section where my can can be auction after 3 months. To get the car back they gave wonders of reasons and delayed it. In the end they asked me to settle all my police tickets (samans) even though I was not blacklisted in JPJ system. That took me sometime and when i return to get my car I was informed that my car was Auction within 5 months plus, was auctioned to Spare Part Dealer (Potong Kereta) for Rm 3500.
Market price for the car is RM 25,000 & The car still has Bank Loan which I have been paying up to today, even when the car was with JPJ. The car was in perfect condition, standard, & a running car with accident free.
I was not notified but JPJ claim that they send me a registered notice and informed my bank about the auction.
JPJ claims they do not have any details of the buyer or to whom they have sold my car too as they dont keep records. My Bank has confirmed they did not receive any notice nor did they approved the auction for the car.
I have made 2 police report. Reported to BPA & Waiting to meet JPJ Putrajaya Inspector as i was not notified.
I've drafted a letter to JPJ Klang & CC to my bank and related authorities. If nothing is replied to me with in 2 week I'll send in a lawyer letter.

Does anyone know what else can be done. Can JPJ auction my car within 5 months even if it was pulled only for no road tax & the car belongs to the bank as there is still loan to it.
& the car gran is still on my name as i printed latest details for the car.

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
driving a car witout a valid roadtax wasa big no-no, and u shudve paid the summons within the time period they gave or write a letter asking for any kinda delay until the payment has been paid before they auction ur car off. i dont think they care what vehicle belongs to whom, as long as its breaking the rule, then they'll take whatever measures dat are stated in theirr book.

kastam has also dis "privellage" whereas they can auction any car dat was rampas-ed (LOL) after sum time if they arent collected by the owner. imho, u dont have any case. anyway, i wish u all the luck in the world

Azu MET008

Known Member
May 28, 2009
walau....eh.......

pity to you bro. they should know that <10yrs car 70% have bank loan. they cannot sell / lelong ur car just like that.

what clause they use?:banghead:

maybe can share. AKta JPJ yang mana.

Regards

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
I've got scammed by JPJ.

My Kelisa was pulled (SITA) by JPJ Klang for no road tax Under some section where my can can be auction after 3 months. To get the car back they gave wonders of reasons and delayed it. In the end they asked me to settle all my police tickets (samans) even though I was not blacklisted in JPJ system. That took me sometime and when i return to get my car I was informed that my car was Auction within 5 months plus, was auctioned to Spare Part Dealer (Potong Kereta) for Rm 3500.
Market price for the car is RM 25,000 & The car still has Bank Loan which I have been paying up to today, even when the car was with JPJ. The car was in perfect condition, standard, & a running car with accident free.
I was not notified but JPJ claim that they send me a registered notice and informed my bank about the auction.
JPJ claims they do not have any details of the buyer or to whom they have sold my car too as they dont keep records. My Bank has confirmed they did not receive any notice nor did they approved the auction for the car.
I have made 2 police report. Reported to BPA & Waiting to meet JPJ Putrajaya Inspector as i was not notified.
I've drafted a letter to JPJ Klang & CC to my bank and related authorities. If nothing is replied to me with in 2 week I'll send in a lawyer letter.

Does anyone know what else can be done. Can JPJ auction my car within 5 months even if it was pulled only for no road tax & the car belongs to the bank as there is still loan to it.
& the car gran is still on my name as i printed latest details for the car.

Wahlaoeh no road tax's car can kena SITA and lelong ah!!??oh my god......seriously this is extremely mad:mad::mad:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
i think you should consult a lawyer and get some professional advice on this issue..

fredrick99

Jan 31, 2010
Johor bahru
Market value $25k.Jpj sell for $3.5k.
I don't know what to say.either they R stupid /they need $$$ badly.
good luck bro...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u guys need to know, driving a car illegally is a serious offense. they did gave him time to settle all overdue summonses, which he cudnt settle within the time frame. i seriously think he shudve wrote a letter or sumthing asking for more time, stating all the reasonable excuses.

after all dat been said, i think u shud consult a lawyer and see if what they did was according to law. IF NOT, den let dem feel ur wrath baii..!!!!

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
how could there be "no record" who the buyer is?
i smell something fishy here. JPJ's record isnt that clean anyways, maybe someone inside has decided to get a little "profit" by this entire episode? who knows. maybe they "auctioned" the car to a family member (this happens frequently as in all MALAYSIAN auctions).

i suggest u consult a lawyer and weight your options. yes, u may have broken a law for the roadtax, but i'm sure from what has happened, you have a case here. dont let those dogs get away too easily. our country is already so corrupted so lets not feed the dogs any further.

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
This is a lawbreaking, if u are in Singapore and u do no comply with the basic regulation e.g roadtax. Theres no buying time, u will be charged to the Max straight away. U have to seek legal advice for this matter, be prepared to spend more cash in order to settle this. All the best.

sadhis

Mar 31, 2009
get a lawyer bro... no road tax kena lelong wei... jpj's s**:mad:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey..guys..

i just got install my Air fliter..

just wanna ask abt..do i need to change the Air fliter..everytime i services my car?

or just wash it?

(the guys told me that...just wash it..that enought liao)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience