intercooler pipings? plenums?

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
how does having a larger intercooler piping,lets say 4" , bigger plenum and bigger throttle helps in gaining performance? how would it affect otherwise? heard that it will bogged down like hell if things are not done properly. very interested in it.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i start to felt the limitation on pumped fuel man...
im currently using 550cc injectors
264cams
dual bosch 910 fuel pump to fuel rail
t04R turbo
3.5" exhaust piping
50mm trust gate.
sard regulator. set at 3.5bar on static as my injectors not giving enough fuel even at 100% duty cycle

scramble boost at 26psi max during drag race @ afr 12.3

planning to go 2j bottom very soon... but was tinking of increasing with the VE at the intake b4 proceeding to bigger displacement.

blackhowling may i knw wat management you running right now?
my new t04R seems got a lil problem. it doesnt perform as i expected compared to my 48mm inducer ar70 turbo. it does make some slight increment at the top end but it doesnt rush in as massive as b4. a friend of mine bought the exact same turbo as mine and installed it to his 1j as well and his car built boost much better than mine at the same boost at 1.2bar. couldnt compared higher as his injector maxed out there

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
how does having a larger intercooler piping,lets say 4" , bigger plenum and bigger throttle helps in gaining performance? how would it affect otherwise? heard that it will bogged down like hell if things are not done properly. very interested in it.
high end horsepower yes..... but no for useable low to mid end torque... most street cars have smaller intercooler pipings and standard plenum (intake manifold) because they wanna maintain throttle response and low to mid end torque....

how large it should be have to depend on what engine u using, engine displacement, mods, what turbine, boost level, and many more... its not exactly a straight forward replacement... need to consider many other parts to gain most performance....

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
wah bro, at 100% duty cycle not enough fuel, still want to increase displacement ah? i think the priority now is to have larger injectors first!

ur T04R, whats the turbine housing size? maybe not suitable to ur engine. maybe ur fren's t04r turbine housing match the engine...