Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE -In Car Entertainment

Infinity 5000cs component speaker for Sale

NiCkY7

500 RPM
*NEW PRICE* Infinity 5000cs component speaker for Sale

Hi guys,

I got 1 set of Infinity 5000cs (size = 5 1/4") component for sale, used less than 1 year, still in TIP TOP condition.

This is a SQ set, surely sound better than cap ayam brand.

The price that i willing to let go is RM300 !.

prefer COD at jln ipoh KL or at klang...

here is some pic of the component set,
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/Ming_7/My%20MyVi/P1010972.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/Ming_7/My%20MyVi/P1010973.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/Ming_7/My%20MyVi/P1010990.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/Ming_7/My%20MyVi/P1010992.jpg

thanks...

Last edited:
Hi Nicky7

Free bump 4 u......nice item...

Read Review of Infinity Reference REF 5000CS Car Component System
Review Summary About the Author

Infinitely better than stock!

Author's Product Rating
Product Rating: 4.0 / 5.0

Sound Quality: 4.0 / 5.0
Ease of Use: 4.0 / 5.0
Durability: 3.0 / 5.0

Pros
excellent clarity, non-fatiguing highs

Cons
bass response typical for a 5.25 speaker

The Bottom Line
The Infinity 5000CS are a good value for a good component set. Expect clean, crisp highs with little bottom end.

Full Review
This is the second of a three part review of a recent car audio revamp I undertook. I replaced my head unit with an Alpine CDA-9805, my rear speakers with Infinity 4002I speakers to match the front speakers, and the 5002CS component set you are now reading about.

First of all, why components? My car originally had three way component speakers with separate tweeter, midrange and woofer( maybe mid-woofer is more appropriate for a 5.25 inch speaker :-). I could have just gone with a regular 5.25 multi-element speaker, but since the 5.25 speaker was in the kick panel under the dash, I was skeptical that I would get the best sound from my footwell.

In the price range in which I was looking, I did not see any advantage (or a lot to choose from) in a 3 way component speaker, so I decided to focus on 2 way components. I deliberately avoided internet shopping and focused on local store availability. This cost me on price but insured that I would have a shop willing to work on the installs.

I decided on the Infinity 5000CS component set after some research and auditioning. In the end, my choice was somewhat irrelevant- anything I chose would sound better than what I had - it turns out that the source of my distress in listening to an 8 year old stock audio system was two torn 5.25 inch components- all the way from the edge to the center. No wonder my ears hurt so bad! (As an aside, I recently bought the car used.)

The 5000CS are well matched by the 4002Is. The 5000CS have a deeper bass extension on paper (67 Hz instead of 85 Hz) but the difference to my ears is negligible, as both speakers would be well served with a subwoofer to handle frequencies 120Hz and below. The 5000CS can handle 75W RMS power, and 225W peak, but don't need that much power to really sound good. I've already mentioned the relationship between power and sensitivity in the 4002I review, but it bears repeating:

Another important rating for a speaker is sensitivity. The 5000CS are rated at 92dB, which is good. The average speaker ranges in sensitivity from 85-90dB. The higher the sensitivity, the less input is needed to create a given output. Speakers with low sensitivities need powerful amplifiers to play reasonably loud. In order to increase sound by 3dB, you need to double amplification. To put it another way, a speaker with 89dB sensitivity would need a 200W amplifier to sound as loud as a 92dB sensitivity speaker with a 100W amplifier.

Infinity's Reference line is their entry level car audio line. For entry level, the components are of good quality and good sound reproduction. The tweeter is a textile dome tweeter, which is supposed to help with smooth response and non-fatiguing highs. The mid/woofer (as does all of Infinity's Reference line) supposedly benefits from a longer voice coil for better bass reproduction.

How do they sound? The combination of the 5000CS and 4002I produce an excellent sound, very clear and accurate at reproducing highs. The speakers do have their limits when it comes to modern music recordings in that they are bass challenged. I can listen to Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever album and be totally immersed in the sound, but listening to Santana's Supernaturnal album starts to show their limitations- the Santana/Dave Matthews track "Love of My Life" sounds pretty good, but "Smooth" with Rob Thomas and "Maria Maria" with Product G&B really challenge these speakers. For a lark, I put on Tweet's "Oops!" single and it becomes immediately apparent- my new system needs a subwoofer.

I knew the speakers limitations when I bought and installed the new system, but knowing and listening are two different things. I am not disappointed (well, not completely), since I can now actually listen to music as opposed to have my ears feel like they were in a cheese grater with the original damaged speakers.

If you are looking to replace your cheap paper cone OEM speakers, these are a good choice. Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase and would buy the 5000CS speakers again.

Recommended:
Yes

bro, pm me the best price and pls include also the shipping cost to kemaman, terengganu. now is thursday, last day for this weekend. sms/call if u want to fast responce 012 2241614

bro pm me what is the best price u can give..im can go jln ipoh to get it.

u provide installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.