i need info on parts, USDM Outlander->Airtrek

Brunoboy

Jan 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I am in the works of looking for a good candidate to swap a USDM Auto Outlander to a 2.4 Evo head 4g64/3T. The 03-04 models come in Automatic only but from what I can tell and have read, they are the same chassis as your Airtrek. Correct me if I am wrong, but does this mean I can swap a Auto to Manual the same as you guys would do it? and if so, What mounts would I need from Evo 4-9 and what can still be used on the swap? Thanks
-Shane

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I've came across in the web that USDM Outlander having manual tranny. So I believed it can be mounted with no or maybe minimal mods. As outlander isn't very popular here, so don't think we have any that is using sticks here.

Brunoboy

Jan 29, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
It's basically the same chassis as airtrek so wouldn't the mounting points be the same? And 05 came in stick shift but rare so I'd get a 03 with drum brakes that's I'd like to change and get the 5 speed swap.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
There has been quite a few treks that has swapped to manual using Evo7/8 gearboxes. So far, it's working well. Alternatively, you can look for RVR manual but I think it will be even more rare in the states.

Upgrading from stock disc (front and rear) to Brembo is just plug and play with just a custom bracket. But from drums to disc, I am really not sure if a bracket will do the job. Based on my experience with my AE111 Corolla last time, I had to change the entire knuckle to swap the rear drums to disc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys...i currently wan to change my exhaust system...coz i'm driving a wira 1.5 auto den all stock exhaust system except da tabung coz i change dy....but my car is so dam fuel consuming and noisy....i started to get boring and mad about dat sound..btw after modify to da extractor,piping and tabung will it be more fuel consumption???but if i change da extractor and piping but put a quiet or stock tabund behind will it be more bete fuel consumption..need help here..coz very confusing
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience