I Love Naza Sorento

drMpower

Today went to Megamall Penang. Bumped into NAZA SORENTO Year End Promotion. What a magnificient SUV!!

Yeah. I know. Korean made cars. They are all rubbish. disgusting. fully dreaded with cheap plastics. and the best thing is, I probably, among the other forummers, the Korean Made Vehicles No 1 Enemy!!!! :confused_smile:

But, stepped inside. tested all those seats - drivers/ front and back passengers. and fantastic. well, I am like..1.8m height and weight about 90kg (so, you can imagine how am I look alike) and unbelieveably comfortable at the back. the leg room is just..enough!! its the same to the luggage compartment. perhaps, smaller than waja abit.

the driving position is good. I feel like sitting on someone's roof top.

The model is EX 2.5 (if I'm not mistaken) and its 4speed auto. The only off is the interior. really korean looking. full with cheap-ish feel. the cup holder is woeful. but I already thinking of re-make the interior all together with after market accesories.

Exterior wise, fantastic. it has the sort of macho-ness and its appreance is just tough. I like the tough-ness of it. I have no problem with the exterior to be fair.

I've already booked for a test drive sometime next weekend. and I am looking foward to it.

ps- anyone know what the interest rate of todays? :_:

dude, no matter what car you are driving, it's a 2500cc engine, do not expect it to have kancil 660cc FC.

escaflowne, I think you are referring to Naza Ria. it's a V6 Quad Cam 2500cc engine, I don't think you still care for FC is you drive a 2500cc Murano, frankly speaking. Prepare RM800 for fuel petrol.

yeah...it's 2.5L btw, who cares? haha

but then, another q, it's sorento sharing the same engine as naza ria?

both is 2.5L ...

Would rather have the Toyota Fortuner (better looking, for me at least) or even the new Camry (much better looking that its predecessor, with a lot of presence and class).

Sorento, beg you pardon, but to me it looks like a pumped up, glorified Kembara.

Fortuner is hot item for car thieves. Sorento is rubbish to them.

the 2.5L is diesel. the petrol version is 3.5.

drM, my opinion is for u to test similar vehicles as a comparison before making a deposit.

1. Kia Sorento 2.5D, 3.5P (mid soft-roader)
2. Toyota Fortuner 2.5D, 2.7P (mid soft-roader)
3. Nissan Murano 2.5P, 3.5P (luxury SUV)
4. Land Rover Discovery 3.5 V8, 2.5 TD4 (already a serious offroader)
5. Toyota Harrier 2.4P, 3.0P (luxury SUV)
6. Nissan X-Trail 2.0P, 2.5P (light soft-roader)

any more to add? yes but latest model hardly available in malaysia like
7. Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
8. Toyota Land Cruiser Cygnus 4.7 V8
9. Mitsubishi Pajero (latest model V46W) 3.0P costing RM400,000.

not to forget those from luxury makers like
10. Volvo XC90
11. BMW X3
12. BMW X5
13. Merc ML class

fuel guzzler?

escaflowne said:
i heard that those korean naza suv is a fuel guzzle

fuel guzzler? I think thats only for Citra which barely into double digits KM per litre, right? and also, got friends on Ria complaining the petrol bills are HELL. but stepped inside their ride is like going into TGV (with smaller screen though! :sad_smile: )

I did googled and found out that the EX auto would do 33.8 miles to a gallon which works out to be some 80KM per RM10 worth of petrol (new price ones), fantastic though? but i definitely understood that fuel consumption can only be judged by how heavy your right foot is. The EX manual is like 35.8 mpg!!!!

some suggesting the big, lumpy 2.7 Toyota, but at one glance, it looks like a man with big Mc Donalds shoe. Again, reviews say it feels cheap going by the standard of Toyota and at RM170K, probably the price is the most for 2.5/2.7 liter class SUVs. (how am I gonna pay for that? twice the Sorento permonth? :cry_smile: )

and, Zan gives few more to ponder. yeah, looking into some other models but I must say the pocket is not too deep and because of that, the RM400K range is definitely out of reach. and also considering the new Camry.

I tell you what, I think Juru AutoCity would be the place I'll visit more frequent these coming weeks/ month.

Well, if you like off-roaders (SUVs if you like) and money isn't an object, you might want to have a look at the grand daddy of them all, the Range Rover. If money is an object, might have a look at the new Freelander, now a lot like a Range Rover Jr.

zan said:
the 2.5L is diesel. the petrol version is 3.5.

drM, my opinion is for u to test similar vehicles as a comparison before making a deposit.

1. Kia Sorento 2.5D, 3.5P (mid soft-roader)
2. Toyota Fortuner 2.5D, 2.7P (mid soft-roader)
3. Nissan Murano 2.5P, 3.5P (luxury SUV)
4. Land Rover Discovery 3.5 V8, 2.5 TD4 (already a serious offroader)
5. Toyota Harrier 2.4P, 3.0P (luxury SUV)
6. Nissan X-Trail 2.0P, 2.5P (light soft-roader)

any more to add? yes but latest model hardly available in malaysia like
7. Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
8. Toyota Land Cruiser Cygnus 4.7 V8
9. Mitsubishi Pajero (latest model V46W) 3.0P costing RM400,000.

not to forget those from luxury makers like
10. Volvo XC90
11. BMW X3
12. BMW X5
13. Merc ML class

Common sense Man, all those car above that you qoute is much much more expensive than a Sorento. Land Rover?Murano?Land Cruiser?Pajero? all nearly RM 400k bro. (No Offense)If he has the money, i am sure he will take those.

spot on

jeanloo said:
Common sense Man, all those car above that you qoute is much much more expensive than a Sorento. Land Rover?Murano?Land Cruiser?Pajero? all nearly RM 400k bro. (No Offense)If he has the money, i am sure he will take those.

yeah, if I got the loads, surely I'll pick the grand daddy Discovery. but pity me who's on...what...some hundreds permonth?!?? :secret:

but guys..as I hooked up to the Sorento, I googled around and found out the real mess upon this off roader:

the possibilities:

1. roof motor to damage
2. speedometer is not working
3. electrical wiring is undone

and, I've found out that some buyers having hard time on the after sales service. which is really awful. NAZA should do something about that.

I've never been an off roader's fan but after trying out the Sorento, I think is worth of a try. Like I said before, I'll be camping around Juru AutoCity for my Christmas and Hari Raya holidays!!!

jeanloo said:

aha! u have sharp sense...that's why u noted. good for you.:shades_smile: coz both u and i have similar common sense!!

but thread starter did not mention his budget, which explains why I included other models for his reference; as well as separating the luxury ones....

drMpower said:
but guys..as I hooked up to the Sorento, I googled around and found out the real mess upon this off roader:

the possibilities:

1. roof motor to damage
2. speedometer is not working
3. electrical wiring is undone

and, I've found out that some buyers having hard time on the after sales service. which is really awful. NAZA should do something about that.

why buy when you have doubts?? that's your option. dont regret later. LOL

A decent buy would be the Fortuner as it is closer to the budget of a Sorento. I think the first thing that attracts Bro drMpower is the price of the Sorento lar. I think if he got 300k to 400k to spear he would rather get a beemer or benz. For 170 k I would rather get the Camry lar....

IMHO,d bad thing for this model is d suspension is too soft...other than that can be accepted for d price d they charge to us...

zan: i never mention any budget because I was like being hyptonised the moment I saw Sorento there. you know, even before yesterday I saw many on the roads without being even bothered. Sorento isnt born yesterday, right? LOL

jeanloo: the thing is that the vehicle should have the presence of a SUV. I did mentioned Camry, but not that keen on cars anymore. Like I said before, I wasnt paying much attention to any off roaders, but yesterday was like Love at The First Sight. Am I having some sort of Crush on SUVs? LOL Fortuner is good. My best mate got the Petrol 2.7 and he just love every bit of it..

zan: Despite the shortcomings, I do believe that the problem with NAZA is similar to Proton. They are having selective/ random QC inspection. But, still working out the ways to have the best SUV for money. including spending bit more for some other models.

zyfull : the suspension is too soft..? is it? well, next Friday I will tell you later.

dude that car is no nice to take off road, better thkae kancil off road n u feel comfortable than sorento, for 4x4 u hw to think this,
1. the powerplant(engine) turbo diesel bad 4 off road pick up,less than n/a petrol
2.acc. i never seen sorento with bull-bar, yet alone a winch
3.with that look u want to go off road eh?
4. u sure it an 4x4? i dont think so, buy ssangyong la, 4 sure spare part easy to look,
i think better buy a 4x4 tht is reliable,or else u end up like kembara, not so reliable or powerful

Why nobody mentioned Honda CRV ?

But the new CRV front end looks kinda ugly. Need to see one on the road and how it looks in real life.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom