Humble DIY Repairs On My Car

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020
arite... how much did this cost!

this is cool
The top of the line model BL-7000SLX which is capable to lift SUVs and pickup trunks cost RM7000. The mid range model BL-5000SLX is RM6500. Since it is RM500 difference worthwhile to go with the top of the line model. But I will caution that the top of the line model is about 8kg heavier.

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020
isnt that kinda low? A friend told me this was about RM6k on google. wow
I think you are referring to the lift height. That is actually very good for a portable lift system. More than enough space to do most of the work required to be under the car.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
I would suggest to put additional jackstand or spare wheel as a backup in any case the liftjack fails/ fall down. just a safety measure

Reactions: sweelt

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020
I would suggest to put additional jackstand or spare wheel as a backup in any case the liftjack fails/ fall down. just a safety measure
It has actually built in jack stands. Basically a solid metal bar that holds the jacking frames in an upright position. Therefore it does not rely on hydraulic to pressure keep the jacks suspended.

Reactions: leinnz

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
If u see it properly, they are built with safety mechanism. Just like 2 post lift.
It has actually built in jack stands. Basically a solid metal bar that holds the jacking frames in an upright position. Therefore it does not rely on hydraulic to pressure keep the jacks suspended.
okok. just to be extra safe. looks cool

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Looking back at the video, the jack looks slightly slanting, not fully upright?

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020
Looking back at the video, the jack looks slightly slanting, not fully upright?
The final position with the mechanical lock engaged is not straight upright. There is about maybe half an inch more to go from the locking position.

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020
s
Other than its portable, quite the hefty price isn't it, my problem is the height. Add a few more k can get 2 post lift dy but can't simply install everywhere la.
Price I feel is reasonable because there is no other options in the market that gives this portability. My unit runs on 12V so any car battery can power it which makes it so portable. Just load it on a pick up truck and lift any vehicles anywhere. Not only it is lifts higher than conventional jack stands but a level safer than conventional jack stands.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Other than its portable, quite the hefty price isn't it, my problem is the height. Add a few more k can get 2 post lift dy but can't simply install everywhere la.
If DIY at home, then 2 post lift loh. This is portable so can do elsewhere.......lol

M_Engineer

Jun 2, 2020
If DIY at home, then 2 post lift loh. This is portable so can do elsewhere.......lol
I actually thought of that. The problem with two post lift the floor needs to be concrete of a certain thickness which my garage don’t have unfortunately. I actually prefer two post lift but my place does not allow it haha.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If it is not too much, we would again like to thank everyone for being a part of the success of Zerotohundred.com’s TIMETOATTACK Round 2 as it was definitely one of the best that we had ever organized so far! And just like the last round, we'll now bring you some of the treats for those who could not make it to last Sunday’s event, in the form of automotive eye-candies, starting off with the JDMs...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience