Budget RM15-20
Ingredient
1)AA battery pack Doorbell magnetic type: 1 unit
2)Normal LED cable (60cm): 2 unit
3)LED(RED/blue) : 1 unit/more
4)Paper Clip: 0.5cm long(cutout)
5) wire tape, both side tape

*Doorbell
1)remove the cover, unplug the battery slot and extend the existing wire with Normal LED cable(black to ground, red to power).
2)Extend the cable of the magnet so that you can attached on the rear panel of your speedo
3)solder the LED(RED/blue) on the LED cable and solder both end on the speaker of the doorbell (make sure the position of +- is correct)
Installation
1)Doorbell= connect those 2 cable from battery slot (black to ground, red to power)
2)LED= Anyway... Dashboard, pillar, bosskit
Remove you dash meter and attached the extended magnet piece on the rear of your speedo (Say 4000rpm gives be best result then attached the magnet on the back of the panel- cun cun 4000rpm)
glue your speedo needle with small piece of paperclip... then put everything bacl in order.
HIhi..here's your DIY a shift lamp + bell Alarm *Bonus. which means when your speedo hit 4000rpm your LED start blinking and Alarm goes Ding~dong Ding~dong takumi feel.

Hope u like my crazy idea~~

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
hahahah... actually it is a good idea too... simple and effective.... but prob if exceed 4000rpm liao it would not blink anymore and from an increasing rpm needle, the LED would just blink maybe just once....

A good way to DIY is that, since RPM works on electronic rather than mechanical (such as the speedometer). U can tap the wire for the RPM and DIY a circuit board to read the signal for RPM and if the signal exceeds certain threshold then an attached LED would blink. U need to source out the diagram for such a circuit online....

datsun

Jan 29, 2005
yah horr.. exceed the magetic area it wouldn't blink, what if we customize a dial panel(20% of the dial covered with magnetic thingy)at d back of the meter n conecting to dial switch so u can set whenever u want

yeah... not mistaken u can buy those DIY kit online too..

riq

Known Member
Nov 22, 2005
nice idea there datsun!!!

i've done this DIY project in my car...still using it now...but not for shift light...it for LED bar RPM meter...i think we can use for shift light also...

please refer to this site..
http://members.tripod.com/~foz11/DIY_MOD_s/Digital_Speedo/digital_speedo.html
i use that circuit for DIY my LED bar RPM meter..

then if u want to use that circuit for shift light u only need to use 1 LED instead of 10 LEDs...the step are very simple...assemble/solder all the part...connect that circuit to ur car RPM signal...rev ur engine to ur desired RPM...then see which LED are start to light up...now u got the LED for ur desired RPM...remove the others 9 LEDs...hide ur circuit inside ur dashboard...put that single LED any where u like...(use a long wire to connect that LED to the circuit)...that all i think....

that circuit also can be use for AFR meter...i've done it also..

happy DIY...

Last edited:

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
riq : i think he dun understand wat u said...

riq

Known Member
Nov 22, 2005
sorry guys...i left one important item....u must have a basic electronic knowledge to do this DIY project.

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
go buy a s2000 meter lor..lolz....

riq

Known Member
Nov 22, 2005
subaruimpreza81 said:
i know that. i want another DIY project
actually what kind of DIY project u want? If u want other than we already discuss in this thread…try to search other thread…u will find out that u simply not enough time to complete all those project…

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My fren prefers to manually shift gear (low to higher) whenever the needle reaches 4k rpm. Nothing lower than that. He like to tarik longer becoz it feels sportier getting stuck to his seat. He oso like the exhaust note.

My mechanic tarik and then change gear, just by listening to the engine rev. He says only greenhorns look at rpm meter when driving on the road wor.

As for me, I tarik until 3k rpm becoz wanna safe petrol, Besides, my car engine oredi old old and vibrates oso...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience