How to eliminate water stains on window glass?

semutapi

Known Member
Feb 19, 2005
prodigy said:
First thing you should do, DO NOT use Rain-X.

From my previous experience, Rain X is the main culprit that causes watermarks. I had a similar problem too, but i just stopped using it and after many many car washes over a period of time, it just goes off.

Alternatively, you could use those soap powder. Fab of something that is strong enough and wash the windscreen, it'll help abit. Again, you must wash it a couple of time before it slowly wears off.

You could use something stronger like alcohol/thinner to remove but you must be very very careful not to put too much coz you might end up scrubbing off your car paint instead.
If use Rain-X will get watermarks...
If not use Rain-X difficult to see during rainning.
Really in dilemma..
Anybody, have any alternative................

[email protected]

Jan 4, 2006
nd4ever said:
Yo morning guys, i'm wondering how to heck to eliminate water stains that occured usually on the front windscreen, rear windscreen & all windows glasses on our car?

My fiancee's Vios & Waja started to have this bloody annoying problem since a year ago & i'm still searching for the best possible solution to deal with it. I've tried sending it for polish at those car spray painting shops & still it wont even last for 3 months! Macipet! Fedup edi ler.

So anyone of u guys can share some ideas to deal with this particular problem? Thanx & i appreciated it a lot buddies! ;) :)
u can use the washing plate green clothes together the Autoglym Car Glass
Polish i am sure can help u to remove all kind of stain from the outside
windscreen.

magnesium

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
petaling jaya
u can use the washing plate green clothes together the Autoglym Car Glass
Polish i am sure can help u to remove all kind of stain from the outside
windscreen.

Sorry bro, cant understand this one.

Anyway i am using AG Glass Polish and using method that provided by sifu from AW Forum, i still un able to remove every watermarks.

The method is;

1. Wash Glass
2. Wipe till dry
3. Polish with autosol
4. Buff the autosol
5. Clean with glass cleaner
6. Polish with AG Glass Polish
7. Buff the AG Glass Polish
8. Clean the residue with glass cleaner

For me, with my effort i only able to get rid around 50% the watermarks.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
semutapi said:
If use Rain-X will get watermarks...
If not use Rain-X difficult to see during rainning.
Really in dilemma..
Anybody, have any alternative................
From what I know, you can use regular wax on your windshield. Works almost just the same.

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
yala.. my car also hav the similar problem.. very hard 2 get rid .. but my fren went 2 some car wash n they got rid wit a clay.. donno la wat that thing is.. but exp a bit lor... it cost him 80 bucks..

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Odd. I have been using Rain-X on my front and rear wind screen. I apply Rain-X on a polish cloth which attaches to a polish machine. Then I polish the Rain-X onto the wind screen. Let it settle in for about 10 minutes. Then wipe away with clean cloth. No water mark all this while. Only those windows that I don't use Rain-X will have water mark.

belly70

Dec 6, 2005
When I go to Carnauba Autospa, I saw them using claybar with glass cleaner. Maybe u should try this method also.

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
i use autosol and rubbing compound.. + machine polisher... removed 90%.. (tight corner spots near the windscreen rubber dare not rub.. nanti the polisher strip it all off).. so dat area still got abit of watermarks

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
yesterday i tried brake oil, oso cannot, after dis wanna try asid pulak, see how...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
yeah i was wondering how exactly does these watermark/stains look like on the glass... i did a search on google also cant find anythin with d search "watermark" .. lol...

nonameNo

Mar 23, 2006
Another good example to prevent the water mark appear on your windscreen/window is to wipe it with any cloth after raining. dont leave the water to dry and leave it for weeks. it will produce the water marks.

if you clean it earlier, you can avoid it.

i used to clean the windscreen using autosol. i use it with the combination of old newspaper and clean it slowly. you need to be patient when using it. dont be too hard as it will create a scratch on your window... coz autosol is meant for cleaning the boat dirt n etc...

after you have clean it, you can use any window washer to create a layer of coat in the windscreen.

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
i tried vinegar also yesterday, still cannot, then tried vinegar n baking powder also still cannot, then tried my moms racun rumput, also cannot, damn..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia VPCM has announced a price reduction on their new cars in light of the sales tax exemption which will take place from:

15th June till 31st December 2020

View attachment 578001

Locally assembled VWs:
  • Polo, Vento, Tiguan and Passat
Fully Imported VWs:
  • Golf, Golf R-Line, Golf GTI, Golf R
Sales tax exemption savings example:
  • RM3,881 – Tiguan
  • RM6,133 – Passat
  • RM4,884 – Golf R-Line
Below...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience