How to dismantle n clean 20V BT Throttle Body

nicholas1007

500 RPM
hie all, can someone help me how to dismantle n clean the 20v BT TB. Any link or step by step can provide. Thx.
any other parts in engine bay we can DIY clean to keep our engine in gud condition

remove the air intake box, remove the vacuum hoses & electrical connectors or sensors, make sure you know which is connected to which, use color coded stickers to indicate, then remove the throttle body, there should be some bolts that secure the throttle body to the engine .. you might wanna remove the map sensor from the butterfly valve when you clean it .. just incase its sensitive to water ..

saw my fren using carburetor cleaner to wash the throtlle..
open all the plenum intake...start engine and spray the cleaner..press the throtlle and spray a bit..easy way then u wanna dismantle all...

open all the plenum intake...start engine and spray the cleaner..press the throtlle and spray a bit..easy way then u wanna dismantle all...

i tot open the whole thing can have better cleaning. i wan to try DIY, but scare dismantle the wrong nuts & hoses. so asking whoever opened before can give a lesson.

i tot open the whole thing can have better cleaning. i wan to try DIY, but scare dismantle the wrong nuts & hoses. so asking whoever opened before can give a lesson.

ermm...hi bro...based on what i read in the 4age 20v service manual...it is not advisable to do diy...unless you have all the required and proper tools to dismantle the ITB...some nuts and bolts are well out of reach...not to mention a few of them are at very tight spot...

IMHO cleaning using a carb cleaner i think is enough for us mere mortals...

but if you really want to go with full disassembly of the ITB...pm me your email...i'll send you the bt efi service manual...have a look at it first...if you still think and confident you can diy...then go ahead...in the future i might send you my ITB for cleaning... :rock:

This one still okay and sufficient for most normal cleaning la... But for deep shitted engines, a full dismantle is necessary... A headache but the satisfaction after that is good. Smooth... :biggrin: