HOW TO??? Disable remote start

phantom76

May 13, 2005
Ampang
Hi guys,

todays i had my second mishap with the remote start. accidentally hit remote start instead of trunk release, when gear was engaged.

i would like to disable the function to prevent future mishaps.

kindly advise how do i disable the remote start function?

Thank you
PAUL

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
this means that if the gear engaged also we can use remote start ! thats something bad for the engine so hav to be carefull loh .... like that mayb radiostar installer or manufacturer should look into this and rectify it ! ... luckily I dont use remote start that often ! but wen i use remote start the alarm goes ON .... duno y ?

phantom76

May 13, 2005
Ampang
NoName said:
hi phantom,

if you can reach the main module of the unit, just unplug the remote start module. The pin has 7P. It has the following coloured wires

pink
orange
purple
blue/white
green/black
black/white
purple white
bro,

this method cannot work.

i located the pin and disconnected as suggested.

After that, can still lock and unlock the car, but when i open the doors the side blinkers do not blink like before.

And also, more important, after i start the engine, after a while, the alarm will arm. And go off if i continue to drive.

I had to connect the 7P connector, to be able to drive with out the alarm going off.

Please advise.

Thank you.

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
pdguy said:
this means that if the gear engaged also we can use remote start ! thats something bad for the engine so hav to be carefull loh .... like that mayb radiostar installer or manufacturer should look into this and rectify it ! ... luckily I dont use remote start that often ! but wen i use remote start the alarm goes ON .... duno y ?
wah ..... no RADIOSTAR dealer / seller / promoter or sifu's .... willing to answer my questions here ? im a radiostar customer that installed in PJ ! if can do care to drop a word or two ........ @#$%*&^@!

phantom76

May 13, 2005
Ampang
NoName said:
Hi pdguy,

The remote start problem with manual car exists in all alarm system. Unfortunately, there isn't a solution yet.

However, this is not an issue for automatic transmission car. IF it is not set in P remote start won't work
Hi NoName,

Based on the above, the radiostar unit is able to detect auto transmission in "P".
How is this achieved?
Are you able to use this function for Auto transmission, to wire a switch for manual cars, like mine to:
1. Pemanently put my car in a non-"P" mode, so that autostart never activates.
2. I can manually choose to allow auto-start or not.

This would be a secondary measure for me to ensure that the autostart does not accidentally activate, either by me or when i loan my car to unsuspecting users?

Thank you.
PAUL

integramania

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Hi Paul,

I think that is from the system of how a auto transmission car is set up.

I doubt that you can do that to a manual car.

If you want to permanently remove remote start you will need to remove all the connections for this on your car

phantom76

May 13, 2005
Ampang
integramania said:
Hi Paul,

I think that is from the system of how a auto transmission car is set up.

I doubt that you can do that to a manual car.

If you want to permanently remove remote start you will need to remove all the connections for this on your car

if you see the threads above... I habe tried NoName suggestions, but cannot work.

can i have the name, contact and address of the installer... i'll need his help on this.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Helo everyone!!! Just a newbie on car...I got this Mitsubishi Lancer 4g15 12v SOHC with c62 body (A month ago). Engine is still in great condition but it lacks power. I went to the mechanic and had the clutch assy replaced with aisi disk and excel pressure and release bearing. Even the timing belt was replaced and valve tuned. However on long drive, my car jitters on 1500 rev especially during gear shift. Could it be a defective clutch disk?
Another thing, may i ask what could be done in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience