how to diffrent shape B16A (big) and b16A (small) ?

D_clothes

500 RPM
Arlo all hondarians i have a question hope you all can help me .

How do u diffrence shape a B16A big and a B16A small from looking out
side of the engine ? and wat is the diffrence with big n small ?

is B16A (BIG) is DOHC and b16A (SMALL) is SOHC ?

i simply hate it when ppl failed to use the 'SEARCH THIS FORUM' tab....seriously...

to differentiate it, u can see at the head cover.. i

BIG VTEC = VTEC wording BIGGER than DOHC wording
SMALL VTEC = VTEC wording SMALLER than DOHC wording

but ppl can change the head cover...
the other way is to see 'HM' wording on the block. its located just below the engine number. SMALL VTEC dont have this wording....

btw, u oso can use search function in this forum to get more info about this... :)

I think you all missed his question.. I think he means from looking outside the car. Not the engine bay itself.

In this case its impossible at least in Malaysia. All already rojak. The only thing you can do is listen to the sound... baaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaa if not how to tell from the outside? I think similar for other cars, you can't tell or differentiate unless you open up the hood. And then some people also very clever open the hood also can't tell what engine. :P

Thanks for the info ... not i didn't used the search button i did juz that the info i wanted nv pop up . ! ! !

what's the difference between the two?? i did a search but nothing turned up.
anybody?

No problem D_Clothes,

Not all of us are well informed in this things....
Actually glad u asked the question...

Heh

donchichi said:
I think you all missed his question.. I think he means from looking outside the car. Not the engine bay itself.

In this case its impossible at least in Malaysia. All already rojak. The only thing you can do is listen to the sound... baaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaa if not how to tell from the outside? I think similar for other cars, you can't tell or differentiate unless you open up the hood. And then some people also very clever open the hood also can't tell what engine. :P

how abt dohc vtec stickers on rear doors?? ehheehhe

Soulfly is your car a white EF similar in your avatar? I think I passed by a very clean white EF on LDP. If you noticed a red karer eg dirty like hell.. that was me..

Anyway.. just to answer some of your questions... and increase my postings hahaha.. :P

OOps.. first to correct you... Big B16a and small B16a refers to the 170ps and 160ps engines. both are DOHC Vtec. The SOHC is not a B16. Try not to refer to big B16a and small b16a.. these are only words used by locals aka pasar talk.. similar like dolphin, belalang, katak, beruang, etc... all just pasar talk.

THe proper one is B16a first gen and B16a 2nd gen. Then you have the B16B. B18A, B18B, B18C, B18CR, B20

B16a 160ps
cable clutch
cover difference , PGFI I think is a different colour

B16A 170ps
Hydraulic clutch (however the first generations I believe might have cable clutch)
PGFI difference.

Sepat.. I don't think the DOHC vtec stickers prove anything hahahaha.. everyone seems to have a NISMO, MIVEC, VTEC, TYPE R, TRD, bla bla bla bla.. JUN etc etc.. sticker on their car.. hahaah..

Last edited:
donchichi said:
Soulfly is your car a white EF similar in your avatar? I think I passed by a very clean white EF on LDP. If you noticed a red karer eg dirty like hell.. that was me..

Anyway.. just to answer some of your questions... and increase my postings hahaha.. :P

OOps.. first to correct you... Big B16a and small B16a refers to the 170ps and 160ps engines. both are DOHC Vtec. The SOHC is not a B16. Try not to refer to big B16a and small b16a.. these are only words used by locals aka pasar talk.. similar like dolphin, belalang, katak, beruang, etc... all just pasar talk.

THe proper one is B16a first gen and B16a 2nd gen. Then you have the B16B. B18A, B18B, B18C, B18CR, B20

B16a 160ps
cable clutch

B16A 170ps
Hydraulic clutch (however the first generations I believe might have cable clutch)
PGFI difference.

Sepat.. I don't think the DOHC vtec stickers prove anything hahahaha.. everyone seems to have a NISMO, MIVEC, VTEC, TYPE R, TRD, bla bla bla bla.. JUN etc etc.. sticker on their car.. hahaah..

there u have it! Thanks bro. been thinkin what is the meanin of 1st Gen & 2nd Gen.

but mine B16A1 Big V but cable clutch...how ler... :P

donchichi said:

B16a 160ps
cable clutch

B16A 170ps
PGFI difference.

sorie about the spelling brothers english not that good and didn't do any spell checked

oiii....how can honda factory make rojak engine....ours must be lemon ler....silap generation engine with silapped generation clutch hahahahahaha.....

I believe there must be some time warp when they made yours :P back to the future.. Oh the other way to see whether te car is a B16a car.. is by the SIR sticker. 95% of them won't put the SiR sticker, they prefer to leave out the Si part out.

again the SiR you can't tell if its a first gen or 2nd gen B16a. EF chances are high its a first gen. EG onwards its a 2nd gen. Then again.. in Malaysia it hardly holds true for anything as anything goes.

Satanic u regd ur heart already?

SataniC said:
oiii....how can honda factory make rojak engine....ours must be lemon ler....silap generation engine with silapped generation clutch hahahahahaha.....

ya man!! tell me bout it!! hows ur monster doin or sold oredi??

Top Bottom