How to differentiate a real and the fake SARD fuel pressure regulator

geukai

Jul 25, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm sure a lot of you guys know that the fake SARD fuel pressure regulator DOES EXIST. So the question is, how to differentiate a real SARD fpr and the fake/imitation one. I'm planning to get soon, so I wish to check with you guys for info. Thanks.

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
me oso dunno how to check..but in market now got 2 diff packaging design..i think that SS Motorsport at Jln klang sell ori one..bcoz he got full set SARD items..anything u want from SARD..and other shop just sell SARD regulator only with diff packaging..

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
if u look closely at the label on the FPR itself, the fake ones spelled as FART instead of SARD..n try sniffin it coz the fake ones smells like shit...Damn....!
hahahaha..juz kiddin dude..:biggrin:
go to SS Racing in old klang road or tmn kanagapuram to be exact as mentioned by karl..im pretty sure they sell the real ones..

geukai

Jul 25, 2006
Hey guys, thank you so much for the info. Yeah there are 2 types of packaging for the fpr, and both of them printed "SARD" not "FART", hahah.

Here's the pics:

Vs

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Nowadays Fake one are so damn real looking. Even the sticker and packaging is similar.

You can hardly tell its fake or real.

Only way to know is where you buy from.

If you buy from KSP or SS Racing, its defiantely real because those guys bring in from SARD Japan by themselves.

If you buy from accesories shop, very likely its fake.

Fuel regulators are very hi risk and dangerous items. if the diaphram of fake one leaks fuel, engine might catch on fire.

Don risk you own safety just to save a few bucks.

xteiner

Known Member
Oct 3, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Nowadays Fake one are so damn real looking. Even the sticker and packaging is similar.

You can hardly tell its fake or real.

Only way to know is where you buy from.

If you buy from KSP or SS Racing, its defiantely real because those guys bring in from SARD Japan by themselves.

If you buy from accesories shop, very likely its fake.

Fuel regulators are very hi risk and dangerous items. if the diaphram of fake one leaks fuel, engine might catch on fire.

Don risk you own safety just to save a few bucks.
it's true and i seen a few cars burn from the engine bay side by using fake fuel regulators...so don't try to save a few hundred just for cheaper fuel regulators and i know SS racing is selling genuine one...=D

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
i got mine from SS which is the first pic u posted..btw any diff or prices of both?never seen the 2nd one before...

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
so many promos of SS..Ah Jo should give us more discounts le...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, thank you so much for the info. Yeah there are 2 types of packaging for the fpr, and both of them printed "SARD" not "FART", hahah.

Here's the pics:

Vs

both of the pic that geukai posted r oris.the second 1 is the new packing.

geukai

Jul 25, 2006
Yup, very true, don't risk your life on those China-mali fpr. Great info guys! Between any idea how much is the fpr? Does KSP or SS Racing offer online shopping services? I'm not from KL, so it is a bit hard for me to buy from them.

Oh another thing is, does the fpr comes together with all necessary fittings. I have the Aeroquip's -6AN red/blue hose end and the fuel rail outlet adaptor, but I'm not sure whether the "union" fitting will be provided...

Thanks again

Last edited:

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
the 2nd wan is oso ori...if u bought it from kakimoto u will get this kind of packaging.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Yup, very true, don't risk your life on those China-mali fpr. Great info guys! Between any idea how much is the fpr? Does KSP or SS Racing offer online shopping services? I'm not from KL, so it is a bit hard for me to buy from them.

Oh another thing is, does the fpr comes together with all necessary fittings. I have the Aeroquip's -6AN red/blue hose end and the fuel rail outlet adaptor, but I'm not sure whether the "union" fitting will be provided...

Thanks again
KSP / 03-5636 0000

Dato' Ken or Tun Teejay

They also have AN fittings and the AN adapter for the fuel rail stopper.

Check 'em out.

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
r u sure that 2nd picture is the ori one...coz SS Racing still sell that 1st packaging...n summore new stok oso...for that 2nd pack design u can get that FR from any well known 'cap ayam' shop ..Brothers oso got...and some sunways shop oso got...so beware!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The parent company of Subaru, Fuji Heavy Industries, has just announced that it has penned a memorandum of understanding with the Tan Chong Group to locally assemble an unnamed compact SUV from its line-up.

Although the only SUV available in the Subaru line-up currently is the Forester, the vehicle in question could be the Impreza-based crossover that was previewed by the XV concept at the Shanghai Auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience