how much for straight pipe? remove cat con

charsiewriceboy

charsiewriceboy

Jan 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I wonder how much is it roughly to remove cat con on my stock wira 1.5gli manual.?
and replace it with a straight pipe . The exhaust currently running stock most likely with a s flow muffler in place.?

So when they said straight pipe means ...replacing the cat con with a straight pipe all the way to the s flow muffler or what?

sorry after reading so many post about exhaust im still clueless..

DanzEterna

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u wan normal ones, can go to wei yip exhaust....
now cheap edi...bout rm200++ straight pipe + exhaust. at the same time they will remove your cat con as well.

or u could call kweng84 & go to his shop.

charsiewriceboy

charsiewriceboy

Jan 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
HI guys,

I finally went into exhaust shop nearby to LRT Taman Bahagia facing the Taman Megah Road...and it only cost RM 30 -40 .

so @Kumar22mostwanted : I wonder have u done it before in order to give me advice on the cost. ? but thanks for your willingess to answer.

although 30 - 40 RM , the sifu was honest ....he took out the cat con ...replace it with a stainless steel pipe and welded it back to replace it....work was good...and i was suprised by the pricing..

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
HI guys,

I finally went into exhaust shop nearby to LRT Taman Bahagia facing the Taman Megah Road...and it only cost RM 30 -40 .

so @Kumar22mostwanted : I wonder have u done it before in order to give me advice on the cost. ? but thanks for your willingess to answer.

although 30 - 40 RM , the sifu was honest ....he took out the cat con ...replace it with a stainless steel pipe and welded it back to replace it....work was good...and i was suprised by the pricing..
yeah i did mine just recently but mine was one shot replace the whole exhaust system to stainless steel 3 inch piping and it cost me rm900 in total so thats why i assumed it would cost a lot more than rm50 but it good you got it done so cheap plus he replaced it with stainless steel pipe which is very good :biggrin:
nice job

charsiewriceboy

charsiewriceboy

Jan 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
@ kumar : sorry if i sounded unappreciative...i guess the cost is because it is 3 inch piping from extractor straight down ..but this shouldn't cost for 900 unless u are including cost of bullet and a new extractor?

mine ...is just replacing the gap between the cat con and exhaust ...so which is why probably much cheaper.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
@ kumar : sorry if i sounded unappreciative...i guess the cost is because it is 3 inch piping from extractor straight down ..but this shouldn't cost for 900 unless u are including cost of bullet and a new extractor?

mine ...is just replacing the gap between the cat con and exhaust ...so which is why probably much cheaper.
no problemos yeah i knew it wouldnt cost 900 for sure lah :biggrin: that would be daylight robbery
but i wasnt sure how much your place would charge so i just put the max amount possible that could be charged at any place
anyways ive learnt the cost now which is good info for me :rolleyes:

ahkiang

Known Member

ahkiang

Known Member
Jan 2, 2007
i have removed mine Cat con too and replaced it with the straight pipe with silencer. Cost me RM250. No increase in the exhaust sound and not much different i can feel. Still monitoring the FC.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys I'm new here but over the last 6 months of reading through this forum I have learnt alot of valuable stuff. So first off - Thanks! :)
Secondly...

I have a 96 Lancer which is a FWD chassis. I recently converted from a 1.5 to the 2nd gen (CM5A) 4g93t GSR engine.
The problem is that I need it setup for FWD. I have a Non turbo 4g93 gearbox (f5m421) which I was told would suit my setup. The gearbox bolts up fine but I cannot fit the 4g93t (pretty sure that's what it is) flywheel in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience