Honda CRZ vs Suzuki Swift Sport (2005 -2010)..!!

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
Both of them can cucuk ur car at 180km/h.......which ur prefered..2 doors or 4 doors

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Should be around the same, unless you're talking about about Swift Sport, which is a bit more powerful. Don't know about the CR-Z but Swift's handling is pretty good. You certainly won't be afraid to throw it around a corner at high speed.

Both can go up to 180km/h, but CR-Z close to semput already, same like Swift. Swift's steering becomes worryingly light at 150 km/h and above (lack of downforce maybe?).

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
If you are comparing with Suzuki Swift Sports, Swift Sports is way more powerful as it can lap Sepang a good 10 seconds faster with stock engine. But interior and quality wise, CRZ is much better with low down seating positions, bucket seats and a fancy dashboard.
As for chasis, swift sports does feel floaty at high speeds and requires a lot of modification in alignment to make it stable going into corners. CRZ doesn't feel as floaty although it needs better tyres going into high g corners.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I would go for CR-Z, drives like a 1.8...even got quite an impressive record in Sepang Best lap time...slightly slower than a FD2R if
I didn't remember wrongly...design wise also look better...lots of modification parts for Honda..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I would go for CR-Z, drives like a 1.8...even got quite an impressive record in Sepang Best lap time...slightly slower than a FD2R if
I didn't remember wrongly...design wise also look better...lots of modification parts for Honda..
you're so polite, "slightly slower" hahaha. its actually much slower than a FD2R. 2 seconds is very long on a race track.. even more so when its close to 20.

2 very different cars. its like comparing an apple to an orange and ask which tastes better :stupid:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
the FD2R on average is in the range of 2:30 - 2:40's while CRZ is on the high 2:50's, a 10-20 second gap is not just slightly slower

SuperVelocity

5,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
In term of performance....which one better??
Drove 2 cars before, both belongs to friends, I must say CRZ is the winner in everything, power wise must put in SPORT mode, handling, interior, looks, all top notch. Except one thing, CRZ is only for 2 people, the back seat can only fit BABY haha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
you're so polite, "slightly slower" hahaha. its actually much slower than a FD2R. 2 seconds is very long on a race track.. even more so when its close to 20.

2 very different cars. its like comparing an apple to an orange and ask which tastes better :stupid:
Haha! I don't quite remember how many seconds lower but not less than 10 seconds. Just put slightly will be safe comment LOL!

Power wise already very different. But for CR-Z record, better than expected.

the FD2R on average is in the range of 2:30 - 2:40's while CRZ is on the high 2:50's, a 10-20 second gap is not just slightly slower
Thanks bro!

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think they are that different. Power and handling would be around the same I think although CR-Z's close gear ratio and low height would make it 'sportier' of the two. He did ask in terms of strictly performance, not looks, driveability or practicality so I think it's a fair comparison.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahahaha....for me, the look of the CRZ hints performance.......
On the other hand, Proton Tiara look would be of zero performance......

Anyway, there are some equally exciting cars out there in terms of performance...if you dont mind them as 2nd hand cars.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Toyota Soarer JZZ30? :biggrin: Toyota Supra? :love: Toyota Aristo? :itsme:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
I would say both cars have their pros and cons on different areas.. as for performance wise, both are about the same.. i owned a swift an it's handling is good as stock compared to other same class cars eg myvi(i dun discriminate myvi as i own one too), the swift still feels vy stable when i'm doing 170km/h++ on highway.. only when 150km/h take a curve highway the car will feel like it's going to be thrown off the road on gear 3.. the rest for me is ok.. CRZ on the other hand it's a sports car platform with it's outlook.. so no matter what, it looks cool.. but haven have a chance to test drive that car yet.. but you are mentioning swift sport here which i did not own and drive one before, so i can't comment too much but i only can tell you i'm only driving swift 1.5A with and "E-throttle" custom mod in it.. and 16" rims.. other than that were stocks.. So i guess the swift sport should be way better as it's 1.6 high compression engine be it Manual/Auto.. it's just handles better as it comes with harder shocks and faster than 1.5 swift ON STOCK..

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hahahaha....for me, the look of the CRZ hints performance.......
On the other hand, Proton Tiara look would be of zero performance......

Anyway, there are some equally exciting cars out there in terms of performance...if you dont mind them as 2nd hand cars.
Hehe...Chevy Cruze looks like it packs a wallop but.........................:rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I succesfully installed a new headunit . However now the central locking and alarm aint working. Ive checked all the fuse and all in working condition. Anyone can shed some lights into this ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience