Honda City Engine not stable while idling? Gearbox problem?

Dear all/sifu,

I had experienced this in my Honda City V-tec. During a stop a traffic light or traffic jam, my gear is all the while engage with "D", and out of sudden, the engine idle not stable - drop to 0.3 then bounce back to 1.1, non stop and the there is strong vibrating and weird sound, like from gearbox - errr....kong, err.....kong. After I put to "N", nothing wrong.

So, is this to do with gearbox or engine idle valve or any other parts? Its so irritating. Please help.

thanks

try changing the ATF first bro.
one more qs..are u an avid user of that 7 speed mode?
i heard the CVT gearbox is kinda sensitive.
just my two cents.

Emm bro.
Does your honda city have the 7speed mode?
Do you always use that 7speed mode?

It is probably a gearbox problem if im not mistaken.
My friends car is the same.
Some honda city with the CVT has many problems.
And it costs about 20k to change a CVT gearbox.

Many honda city owners have experienced this problem

Is your warranty still valid?
Why not go to Honda Service Centre and get it checked.

i think the car definitely have the 7 speed mode as for vtec model.
do agree with bro hamzah90.. the CVT gearbox is abit sucky.

alot of my jazz mates changed to manual gbox because of this.
i think city and jazz share the same engine L15A and the CVT gearbox. correct me if im wrong.
perhaps u should go to honda centre to diagnose the problem.
cheers!

dear all,

Yup, my car is equipped with 7speed mode, and i never use that. Secondly, i had changed my gearbox oil (honda - for CVT gearbox)............ The car is under warranty but HONDA SERVICE CENTRE xxxxx. u know, these technician in Honda SC is not good to diagnose the problem, as they are weak technician that normally provides u with other reason, like engine mounting, gearbox mounting that creates such problem.

Honda Malaysia are giving out licenses to inexperience service centre and that bring down Honda reputation. Anyone had HONDA CEO office contact, as i wish to contact the highest level rather than others as they normally filter all this complaints till warranty expired.

thanks

Top Bottom