HKS mushroom filter vs ori air box with intake hose

Kennydydy

Known Member
Mar 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
my car is perdana RVR engine with auto gearbox...
and my filter refill need to change edi...
so i deside find the ori air box and do a cold air which is diy the bumper with hose...

and recommend??
which one better??

any ppl who exp on it can tell me???

thank....

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
my car is perdana RVR engine with auto gearbox...
and my filter refill need to change edi...
so i deside find the ori air box and do a cold air which is diy the bumper with hose...

and recommend??
which one better??

any ppl who exp on it can tell me???

thank....
The air filter element is meant to filter the dirty air, aftermarket ones are more free flowing. So more air = more fuel can burn = more power lo.

But the CAI is just for cold air, cold air has more oxygen particles than hot air, so quite dumb lah if u put a CAI on a standard air filter.

Imagine ur hidung sumbat but I put a straw there then make u run, you still cant run fast. Go get the K&N filter AND then the CAI after that, you'll feel the difference :rolleyes:

KancilanSazer

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
The air filter element is meant to filter the dirty air, aftermarket ones are more free flowing. So more air = more fuel can burn = more power lo.

But the CAI is just for cold air, cold air has more oxygen particles than hot air, so quite dumb lah if u put a CAI on a standard air filter.

Imagine ur hidung sumbat but I put a straw there then make u run, you still cant run fast. Go get the K&N filter AND then the CAI after that, you'll feel the difference :rolleyes:
Hahahahaha ...yeah get a K&N filter dont diy ori box

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
If ur car have no other modification, better stick with ori. airbox + drop-in (mayb K&N); if you mod intake then most likely you will burn 'rich' unless you do A/F adjustment via RSM, VAFC or piggy.

When you mod your intake, make sure you also mod your exhaust system to maximize the effect

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
my fren told me not to change the air filter coz the ori air fliter is able to filter more efficiently than mushroom type even though it less power.

He say mushroom type, air intake is faz but then many sand will suck into ur engine made the engine 'kong' faster.

so can any1 advise on tis matter...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Haha dude, here's my opinion no offence yeah...

If really you want 100% reliability, you wont even do modding kan? :hmmmm:

Plus all those cars running the HKS filter, have you ever heard his engine rosak becasue of air filter? It definately wont be as clean, but the power is there.

Why not go for K&N or another filter if youre worried bro? Haha :proud:

lucian^^Gk

Known Member
Sep 23, 2009
Sarawak
i quite piss aso la... coz he's a mechanic lo.
could he say tat bcoz of my engine condition ( FYI, my engine is 20 yr old 'STOCK' ), no power tats y i wan do some simple mod...

r u saying K&N filter is the best, it can suck & filter more better...
if tat the case then i will go for it.

btw, thanks !!!

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Bro no need to be pissed, everyone has his own opinion haha.

Well if you can jaga it for 20 years, how long you wanna keep? 50 ar? :rofl:

Well its not the best, it filters better. There was a chart that compared HKS, K&N, Apexi and blitz but I cant find where, the worst filtering 1 was HKS. Anyways these kinda things is all which 1 you suka you beli lah.

Like saying, Adidas or Nike better? Or Coca-cola vs Pepsi etc. etc.

Sure dude welcome :). I personally like K&N though... up to you your budget + look you preffer haha!

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
If ur car have no other modification, better stick with ori. airbox + drop-in (mayb K&N); if you mod intake then most likely you will burn 'rich' unless you do A/F adjustment via RSM, VAFC or piggy.

When you mod your intake, make sure you also mod your exhaust system to maximize the effect
how do you tune a/f adjustment via RSM? :hmmmm:
i never heard this before..pls enlighten me..