Help with Top Mounted Turbo

only if you want to mount a turbo on top though. I've got a TD06-25G, which has a flange which you can only get top mount manifolds for that are available from shops, so I had to make a custom low mount manifold to fit it below.

More stealth, shorter pipes, easier to shut bonnet :D

im using a hks gt2540
i already ordered a greddy top mount manifold with a t3 flange.
Think it will be a straight fit.
im just worried it will lag alot after i mount the turbo on top.
anyway thanks a lot guys..

Most probably you would experience some lag but due to the fact that its an aftermarket manifold and also because of the larger turbo. Not because of where the turbo is mounted, even if there's a slight increase of length of the piping involved, I doubt it'll be that significant.:)

Greddy manifold with T3 flange ?

i dont recall any Greddy manifold with T3 flange wo..

HKS2540 . yum yum yum.

more importantly your feeling of "lag" generated by the manifold itself isfrom the way the pipes are joint. Equal length exhaust runners help make sure that the turbo is spooled evenly. On my manifold we also made sure we accounted for the cylinder combustion pattern (ie an RB engine dosen't just go 1-2-3-4-5-6 and loop, it goes 1-3-5 2-4-6 or something like that) so what you do is you have to sets of runners feeding into your turbo flange (instead of them all joining up together and then into the flange with a seperate pipe). This means there's ALWAYS going to be exhaust going through it. If spool is an issue on the larger turbo a very obvious fix is to get a smalled exhaust housing on the turbo, so less revolutions are required to force the air in the compressor housing. Some top end power is sacrificed though.

superfunhappysliders said:
more importantly your feeling of "lag" generated by the manifold itself isfrom the way the pipes are joint. Equal length exhaust runners help make sure that the turbo is spooled evenly. On my manifold we also made sure we accounted for the cylinder combustion pattern (ie an RB engine dosen't just go 1-2-3-4-5-6 and loop, it goes 1-3-5 2-4-6 or something like that) so what you do is you have to sets of runners feeding into your turbo flange (instead of them all joining up together and then into the flange with a seperate pipe). This means there's ALWAYS going to be exhaust going through it. If spool is an issue on the larger turbo a very obvious fix is to get a smalled exhaust housing on the turbo, so less revolutions are required to force the air in the compressor housing. Some top end power is sacrificed though.

Hi, I 'm confused

1) How does having all the manifold joining up togather to the flange would not allow exhaust "going through it" at certain time ???

2) How does combustion pattern (order) is taken into consideration when designing a manifold ( ie what's the difference between an exhaust manifold that is designed for 1-2-3-4-5-6 as compared to 1-3-5-2-4-6? or whatever)

3) Why would altering the size of the exhaust housing effect the revolutions required to force air in the compressor housing? How is the amount of revolutions effected when both wheels remains the same?

thanks