[HELP!]: Removing Putra Dashboard

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
hey guys,
currently on a weight reduction project to remove all the bitumen from the car. (will post pics of it later). the prob now is that i'm not too sure how to remove the dashboard in order to get to the firewall area where there's some bitumen there too...also need to fix some stuff there as well.

if anyone wouldbe kind enough to post a pictorial guide...that would benefit the whole forum.

thanks. :)

oh, are there any other more effective way to remove tar? i've used:

1. wd-40
2. paint thinner
3. diesel
4. petrol
5 ???

any more to add to the list?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
there're some cleaning products by STP for this. I think it was called Tar and bug remover and i used it before. Really effective to remove off tar. Just spray a little and leave for a few secs before wiping off...

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
wah, 2mm thick? wat happened? It was really effective in removing specks of tar on my old white wira. I bought it from accessories shops like Brother's, Eneos etc. It comes in a kinda small bottle about 100ml or 150 ml...

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
no i'm removing the bitumen on the floor pan of my car's interior. the black sticky stuff used to deaden the sound/vibration in the car. anyway, removed it (most of it) using 'goo gone'!

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
may i ask on why you removed that layer of bitumen?

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
darkaccoon,
cause i'm trying to get rid of as much weight as possible. for autocrossing purpose and stuff. might give me a little bit more advantage. also need to paint the interior too.

canken2

1,500 RPM
Mar 18, 2004
PJ
Visit site
whatdamn said:
darkaccoon,
cause i'm trying to get rid of as much weight as possible. for autocrossing purpose and stuff. might give me a little bit more advantage. also need to paint the interior too.
wah so extreme meh bro, how much does it weigh?
i suggest improve on skills, though myself oso very lacking.:tongue:

the great champs like WK Ho, Julian. oso still have their OEM sound proofing.
alignment setting helps a lot in improving timing too

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
ohhh, now i get it
ehehe
cause usually i would advice ppl against taking out their original sound proofing material

but since your car is for other purposes besides comfort, then by all means

take the entire interior out
=P

if i can, i would also suggest driving without the dashboard
if not mistaken, there is 4 or 6 screws holding the dashboard only
try to search an older thread, one fella posted his dashboard colouring, over there got
picture and all the things you need to know to take out your dash
i lazy to type and take picture
egege

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
canken2,
hahah experimenting with the car mah. yeah, i know skills play an important roll too. anyway, shaved off so far from the back seats to the rear passanger floor pan about 1.5kg x 3 = 4.5 kgs so far! so once i get the front done (front has a little more tar than the back) should save around 8kgs lor. pretty good. saves me from loosing weight hahah!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan latest compact release? This has not been official yet but these pics are circulating around the world of email and just post here to share with you.

Need someone to translate into English please...:_:

The rear look merely like Hyundai Atos...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience